Sunday 15 April 2018

Almost there!!


All is packed and ready to go. Everything on my list has been crossed off. Just waiting for my house sitter to arrive, and then my travelling companions. And then........


It all seems a bit surreal, and I have to pinch myself to realise it is all about to happen. Won't be long and I will be on the other side of the world, and on the other side of the equator too.

It seems a lot like a birthday, or even Christmas, as I have had a lot of phone calls, emails, text messages, and visitors wishing me well. Thankyou to all. I hope you are able to follow us along the way via my blog, and also if you want to check in to the "Aussie Quilters Abroad" facebook page, there will be photos posted there.

I did get to some of the housecleaning yesterday, and was intending to do another blog post of the Uneek Animals that I promised. But that will have to wait, as I put my feet up in the chair instead, and might have had some shut eye too. I have been waking very early most mornings this week, and it all caught up with me.

I received a visit late afternoon from Miss Bridie and her mum and dad, who were in town for a birthday celebration. A very special lady, who spoils Bridie, left a present here for her, and I gave it to her. It was a little apron that Raylene had made for Bridie, and along with the apron, was a roll of premade cookie dough, which needed to be baked, and a little container of star sprinkles to decorate them. I took the following photo of the resulting biscuits. She said they were yummm, and I recorded it all on video for Raylene to see.



Well that's about it, not sure when the next post will be, all depends on internet access whereever we are. My mobile phone will be switched off, but will get emails on my laptop I think. 

Be back sometime??

Blessings From Jude


3 comments:

Joy from Days Filled With Joy said...

Oh I'm so excited for you!!!! Have a wonderful, wonderful trip! Well, I know you will :) Looking forward to all of your posts :) xx

Raylene Edwards said...

You have done it all. Got yourself extremely well organised for your trip of a lifetime. Enjoy every moment together with your Bordertown Buddies. Take care of each other. 💖

Jean McGee said...

You are very organised Judy, enjoy and relax on your holiday 😀😀😀😀