Thursday 25 June 2015

Almost another week has gone….

 

I can’t believe that tomorrow is Friday again! Where are the days going? We have now passed the shortest day of the year, and it’s fast forward to the end of the year.

The season seems to be a bit confused, because I have some daffodils that are flowering much too early, as spring is still some months away. And looking further into the photo, I think it might be time to do some weeding.

IMG_0528

Early in the week my cousin and her family called in on their way through to Melbourne. Last year they came and shifted some furniture from my shed to their new home. Here they are laughing about their photo, that was published in my blog book.

IMG_0546

I think it might have been fortunate thing that I was nearby this week, when I was pressing quilts and backings ready for quilting. Sometimes I leave the room to go to the laundry, or out to the wood shed, and leave the iron on, as it has an automatic cut-off and switches itself off after 15 minutes of not being used.The beeping is really annoying, but I learned to live with it. But now I am thinking that it was not a good idea to go away and leave it! I wondered what the smell was, and realised that my iron was smoking! It was quickly taken outside and left to cool down, and will soon be headed for the rubbish bin. It probably would have caught fire soon after.

IMG_0552

I have been working on the paperwork, getting ready for the end of financial year next week. For once, I aim to be on time and up to date!! I had done up to February earlier in the year, so only have a “little” catch up this time.

IMG_0558

In between all the above activities, I have been steadily working on this pile of quilts. Some are edge to edge, which gives me bookwork time while Max is quilting away. This is the first week for a long time, well it seems a long time!, that I have not had other appointments, or commitments, or a retreat to prepare for. It sure feels good to make some progress on the quilt queue. And with the cold days, it is nice to stay inside where it’s warm.

IMG_0554

So that’s my newsfromjude for this week. I hope you are keeping warm wherever you are, or maybe you need to keep cool if you are in the northern hemisphere.

Blessings, From Jude

1 comment:

Jean McGee said...

You were lucky the iron started smoking or it could have been a lot worse. Take some time out for yourself Judy, you deserve it. Can't wait for end of July and catching up. 😍