Saturday 6 June 2015

“Pick a case” Mystery Retreat

Yesterday was the day that I have been working towards for months. I posted the first photo last week of the completed cases, each with a mystery quilt in them.

IMG_0386

Inside are lots of paper bags, that are all numbered and contain the cut fabrics ready for them to sew. The instructions are all printed, with an EQ picture of the quilt. I am sorry I did not think to take any photos during the allocation “process”. Each case has a name attached, which may or may not give you a clue to what was in the case. Probably if you read Irish Crossings, you might think of green, and Chelsea Garden may get you thinking of something flowery?? They only got the chance to make one change.

IMG_0346

I think they all seem to be happy with what they are working on, and I look forward to seeing the finished quilts on Monday!? I do hope that I have not made any mistakes in the instructions, or worst of all, in the cutting measurements. These are all “untried” patterns at present. Now that I know how to scan the actual fabrics that I am using, at least the picture of the quilt is more true to colour than I have done for the previous mystery retreats.

A picture of concentration as they all read the first step. Quite a bit of progress was made last night. It is a public holiday here in South Australia this weekend, so they have a 3 day retreat. I think I might even take my machine over today, as I have a few projects that I need to work on.

IMG_0391 IMG_0392

Unfortunately there were a couple of ladies who had to cancel the day before. There is sickness in the family which is not good. They were very disappointed, but have transferred their names to the next Mystery Retreat in August, so they won’t miss out on getting their little case. We are missing you Jean and Moya, but looking forward to next time.

Time to head to the shower, and sort out my sewing projects to take to The Sanctuary. It will be a cosy place to be, with the wood fire burning. There are so many projects that I need to work on it will be hard to decide what to do first. Probably the one I need to have finished for a birthday present next week!! And then the one I am making for the baby which is due next month?

Have a great weekend, whatever you are doing.

Blessings, From Jude

2 comments:

Jean McGee said...

Just reading your news, Judy and looks like you are all having a good time. Mum is improving but I really am missing you all and can't wait fir Xmas in July. Say hello to all the girls and will see them again soon.xx😅

Jean McGee said...

Just reading your news, Judy and looks like you are all having a good time. Mum is improving but I really am missing you all and can't wait fir Xmas in July. Say hello to all the girls and will see them again soon.xx😅