Thursday 4 June 2015

Quilting update

Once again it seems to have been awhile since I posted quilt photos. In amongst all the other activity there are still quilts being done.

The first two photos are made by Margaret. The first one is made from a cute panel that Margaret purchased which she then cut up and put together again with sashings and borders. Both of Margaret’s quilts were quilted with Dancing Hearts and were made for grand children.

IMG_0293

IMG_0294

This one has appliqued Sunbonnet Sues and Sams on it.

IMG_0300

This was made by Louise, and was quilted all over with Modern Curves, which gives it such lovely texture. It’s a bit hard to see, as the sun just was not cooperating the day I took the photo.

IMG_0298

That’s all for now, although there are still more photos in the file. I am in the middle of a big clean in my house, in the part that I don’t venture into much. There will be some of the retreat ladies staying on this side of the road this weekend. Lucky that I have 3 spare bedrooms over here. Beds nearly made, and then I shall start some food preparation.

Yesterday I had a quick trip to Naracoorte, which about 1 hour south, for a food shop and some other purchases in the morning, and then the afternoon was full of quilt pickups and deliverys. I can’t say that life is boring.

I will be back with further updates during the weekend. Getting excited now, in anticipation of the girls choosing their mystery cases! I hope they will be happy.The Melbourne retreaters are due here tonight, so tomorrow afternoon the fun will begin. It’s time to have a shower, and head over to The Sanctuary and light the fire to warm the house. I can hear the rain falling outside this morning, so that means there is no frost, although I have not yet looked out.

Catch ya,

Blessings, From Jude

1 comment:

paulineclark@Gmail.com said...

Hope all goes well for weekend Jude. Sorry I will miss the fun. Such a great weekend. So much work has gone into the preparation. The cases look great. Have a great time.xx