Saturday 20 June 2015

Quilt photo catchup

 

Once again it has been awhile since I have posted quilt photos. Life just seems to have had so much “other stuff” happening. These days this blog seems to be much more than quilts and retreats. I find it is a good reference tool when I need to check up on when something happened. So if you are here to see quilting, then today is your lucky day!

Just a few of what has “gone out the door” to their owners. Hopefully this week I can start to get a few more done for their owners.

First up is one by Jacci. A very simple, but effective use of colours and quilted allover with a pattern called Ocean Froth.

IMG_0373

This one was made by Jenny, called Ford Mania, and is all fabrics that are car related such as Ford cars and tyres etc. A good man’s quilt, and quilted allover with a simple geometric pattern.

IMG_0376

This is an ABC quilt, with Dick and Jane fabrics, and also made by Jenny. It is quilted allover with an ABC pattern.

IMG_0380

This is a  jelly roll quilt, made by Jacci and quilted allover with Cotton Seed.

IMG_0390

This Sampler quilt was made by Linda, and quilted allover with a Kerryn Emerson pattern called Pearl.

IMG_0489

This was made by Pauline, with Oriental fabrics, and quilted allover with Gingko and Butterflies. Pauline made this for a wedding gift for her nephew and his bride.

IMG_0260

Time to get busy and decide what the ladies at The Sanctuary will be having for lunch. The little people in my house have just woken up so I think I can make a noise in my kitchen now. DD2 and family are here for the weekend. I can hear the piano being played. It seems the only use it gets these days, is when the family come visiting and the children play it. Seems a shame doesn’t it. I remember my school days and having to go for lessons in my lunch hour, and the endless practice sessions after school at home. I know I did a lot of grumbling, and my dad would say, “you will thank me one day”. I had lessons for 5 years. I guess it is good that I can play, but I hardly touch it these days. And I can’t play without the written notes in front of me. Maybe one day I shall have the time to practice.

Have a good day,

Blessings, From Jude

No comments: