Monday 29 April 2019

A Special delivery


I think I mentioned a few days ago, that I would tell you about a special delivery that I received.

In a recent video call with Miss Bridie and her family, she told me that she had been for a visit to the Monarto Zoo. She was telling me about what she had seen there, and I asked her to draw me a picture of it all. Soon after that I received these photos from her mum.

Busy drawing her pictures.................


.... I can clearly see the elephant's big ears, the long neck of the giraffe and the lion's mane.


I expected to get these pictures next time I saw her, but her mum decided they would go to the post office and post them to me. These photos arrived next of their trip to the PO. (Mr Tate does not enjoy driving in the car, and as they live close to the shopping centre of their town, Miss Bridie rides her bike, and Mr Tate travels in the pram.)

                                          At the Post office...........


............waiting in the queue.........................


                                    ...........and handing over the letter!


 ................... and Lo and behold, a few days later guess what arrived in my letter box!!




I sent these pictures back to her place and received a smiley face photo back!! The great advantages of modern technology, that we can share like this!!

While I am on the subject of family, I might share some more family photos that I have "borrowed" from facebook. Our state has just finished 2 weeks of school holidays, which included Easter and Anzac.












That's all the newsfromjude for now. Max has been working on some allover quilting jobs the last few days, which is lovely after the intense custom of the last 2 weeks. I can see blue sky outside, and would love to get out in the garden, as there are a few more things that need planting yet. But I am staying inside, where it is warm and cozy as I try to ward off a cough and sniffles. There are too many people with the flu so far this year, and I don't want to join them as it is still early in the season. I have an appointment for a flu injection, but it's not for 2 weeks yet. My weekend was very quiet and relaxed and warm

Blessings, From Jude





5 comments:

Jean McGee said...

What a lovely surprise getting those precious drawings in the post, especially seeing Bridie at the post office. Grandchildren are so much fun, enjoy them as much as possible.
๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€

Sue SA said...

Such beautiful drawings, what a lovely gift to receive in the mail!

Susan Smith said...

A very cute & activity related post. Thanks for sharing & take care.

Lynda B said...

SO CUTE...what beautiful and detailed drawings. Might have a little artist there I think Judy. Loved seeing all the families school holiday/Easter/Anzac day pics

Joy from Days Filled With Joy said...

Awww... such a cute special delivery!! Love all the family photos.. xx