Monday 15 April 2019

Another week has gone by!

Once again another week has disappeared, and I have had to try and work out where! And as usual I have checked out the photo files to see what I have been up to. Don't know what I would do if I did not take any photos?? 

***********************

But first I want to remind you of the competition that is still on, to "celebrate" my 1,000th blog post. I have packed up this case, that you can see in the following picture, with some goodies, and let me tell you it is heavy! I won't spoil the surprise and show you what is inside. I do thank those who have entered so far, and told me when they started reading my blog. (See this post.)   I would love to respond to your comments, but unfortunately most of you are "no reply" bloggers. And I appreciate the fact that most of you have managed to leave your reply on the blog. There are still a few days to enter this, and I look forward to hearing from a few more of you that I know read newsfromjude.


******************************
Now onto the happenings from the last week.


I have more spent time in the garden this week, getting things planted before winter arrives (??). I have been pruning, digging, fertilizing, shifting plants, and repotting all my hanging baskets and pot plants. Friday's weather was just too nice to spend indoors.  My zinnia's were on the way out, so I pulled them out, and cut the last few flowers for the table. 


It was angels day on Thursday and here are a couple of the girls working on a border for a quilt.


I have had a little problem with Max, that needed attention, and I finally decided to do something about it this week. And a "friend??" was standing by, to help if needed. Well I thought she was helping!! But she was using my camera instead. I am happy to report that the problem is fixed.


The weather has ranged from nice sunny days, to cooler, cloudy days, with cold nights, and one night the temperature got down to 2deg! This is the first fire for this year, and it was so cozy.


My Saturday was spent doing bookwork, and I am pleased to say I am up to date again. I found a bottle with a small amount of liquid left in the fridge from last weekend. It seemed like a good idea for a Saturday evening, and I couldn't waste it could I?


Now that the bookwork is up to date, it is time to get busy on filling the cases so that they are ready for this year's Mystery retreats. This was my Sunday afternoon, after attending the Palm Sunday service at church in the morning.


Earlier this week I loaded this quilt, and am in the process of lots of SID. I will be working on this for quite awhile yet.


Well, that about sums up the newsfromjude for the last week. And it seems like there has been quite a few different activities, so is that what I should call balance???

I do have a few quilt photos that I can show, and will do that in another post soon. It is a short week this week, in the lead up to Easter, as it is a public holiday on Friday. I am expecting a houseful of guests for another long weekend of fun and friendship, so am looking forward to that. Now it's time to continue with that quilt.

Blessings,
From Jude

5 comments:

Susan Smith said...

You have been busy in many different ways. A mystery treat coming up again so soon. Even though I can't attend, I still love seeing all the different designs & the participants progress. The quilt on the machine is stunning & I'm wondering if it is a pattern from Sassafras Lane? Enjoy all that SID (tongue in cheek), have a lovely week & take care.

Sue SA said...

Stunning quilt on Max, the solids and greys work so well together.

Raylene Edwards said...

You are a good Mrs. Fixit, I’ve seen you in action! I was looking forward to a fire at Easter, but seems summer isn’t done yet. Let there be rain ☔️

Michele Hill said...

Time sure does fly Jude! Love that quilt on Max.....xx

Gloria N. said...


Oooh - love the quilt that you are doing. Such bold bright colours. |It's going to look fantastic with all that SID.