Wednesday 24 April 2019

Winners are grinners!

I guess a lot of you are waiting to see if you are a winner of the recent competition that celebrates my 1,000th blog post. I am pleased to report there are a good number of entries, and I thank you all for that. I did receive a few email comments from some who tried to leave them on the blog, but were unable to work it out. I even found one comment tonight, from a lady who emailed me and said she tried. This was lurking in the comments section of the Contact me page of my blog.

It was interesting to read how long some of you have been reading, and how you came to find newsfromjude, and one reader was very poetic! Some of you have been reading from the beginning, which was July, 2011, and some are more recent. Some are locals and some are from overseas.

I read a number of blogs, and it is sad when people stop writing, and take up facebook or instagram instead, which seems to be a quicker media. I like to think a blog is more like visiting with a friend, and getting to know them, and facebook is not like that.

I know I don't always leave a comment on blogs, but it is nice to receive one from readers and I thankyou for your comments.  It is quite a time consuming thing, to download the photos, and write a post, (and perhaps rewrite it after you read it, or worse still, lose it!), but I will be continuing into the future. I am loving the collection of books I have, and it is fun to sometimes go back and read them, or check up on when something happened.

I suppose I have rambled on enough, and you are thinking, just get on with it!

The winner of the competition is Lyn, from Phillip Island, Victoria.



5 years ago, Lyn attended her first retreat, which was at The Sanctuary, and has been back a couple of times each year since then. She is one who has been unable to leave a comment on the blog. It just so happens that Lyn was here for the Easter retreat, and was wanting to enter the competition. I watched her sit at the table with her IPad on Friday, and again try to leave a comment. She got the "runaround" with Google, and persevered, writing a long comment, which was almost a book, until it said it published. But it must still be in cyberspace, as it did not come to my blog, yet?? 

The winner was drawn after lunch on Sunday, by a lady who had not entered the competition. I held up the basket with the names in it, so they were not visible, and Lyn's name came out.
I look forward to seeing what she will create with the contents of the case. 

Once again, I thank you all for entering, and we will do this again another time. I do love to hear from you all. 

Blessings, From Jude




No comments: