Thursday 4 April 2019

How did it get to be April already?

Just a quick post tonight, with a little summary of whats been happening around here lately.
It seems like there has been so many family celebrations to report on, that maybe there is not a lot else to say.

 I am pleased to report that I have not been up the highway for 2 weeks now, and it has been catchup time here. I have spent a lot of time in the garden, trying to tidy up the effects of the hot summer, and digging extra ground in the vegie patch. There are still pumpkins and zuchinni growing, and I have planted lots of new things, such as broccoli, brussels sprouts, cauliflower, onions, bok choy, rocket,  and garlic.

When I pruned back an overgrown plant, I found the first crocus flower of the season, which was a nice surprise. I am working my way around all the garden beds, pruning, and tidying and planting new things. We are looking forward the first rain of the season.



 I had to work on a little project for a special friend, and got out the machine that I purchased last June, and have not used very much. I still need to read the manual to operate it, so that tells you something. I have left it on the table and hope to "bond" a bit more this weekend.


I also have to report that there has been a LOT of cleaning happening here at Number 8 this week. There is something about knowing you are having people to stay that motivates you. I have been so busy going here and there, and keeping up with the quilting queue, that I have spent little, no time cleaning in the rest of the house. And it is true confession time now, as you can see just how bad the dust bunnies were in my room. Now, if I had not left my hand print as evidence, it would not have looked so obvious!! It sure feels great to have done the whole house now, but depressing to think that it will all need doing again sometime in the future!!  Note to self - when you clean the bedroom and strip the sheets to wash, make the bed straight away and don't think you will come back and do it later!! Because if later slips your mind, and you work late and go to bed after 10 when you have turned Max off for the night, it is NOT funny to find that the bed still needs to be  made!!!


It was a lovely surprise to get a visit from these ladies from over the border this week, when they were in town for a special luncheon, and look forward to June when they will be back for a Mystery retreat.


I have finished quite a few quilts, that I will show in a post next week, although there are a few show quilts that I can't post yet. I am almost finished the quilt that you can see on Max in the photo above, and hope to work on this Dream Big panel as a teaching and learning exercise while the Statler girls are here. I need to join a backing and add a border to the panel. This is one of 2 that I purchased in Paducah last year. (I can hardly believe that this time last year I was starting to pack for the trip!)


 This afternoon the Statler girls started arriving, and are here for a long weekend of sewing, talking, eating, networking, and sharing, (and Gayle has just added in sleeping!!)


 Lisa got out her machine to use, amid lots of oohs and ahhs! How cute is this?


Well that's all the newsfromjude for now. I will be back for a longer report in a few days.

Over and out,
Blessings, From Jude,








4 comments:

Sue SA said...

So nice to have time at home to potter, especially in the garden at this time of year. Fingers crossed we get some rain soon.

Raylene Edwards said...

You have been sooo busy. Cleaning is definitely last on the TO DO list. But what satisfaction when completed. Enjoy some ME time with your Statler Girls 🌺

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Cleaning is a necessary evil, I am afraid. I dedicate myself to a weekly dose (like medicine) to get housework over with so that I can turn my attention to all things I WANT TO DO! We are having a lovely, soaking rain today which is so good for the gardens; I love your little Crocus surprise!! I have seen some wonderful things created with those preprinted panels. Have a lovely weekend, my friend!

Joy McD said...

Cleaning...ugh...but I suppose one must do it every now and then :) Enjoy all the retreats that are coming up! xx