Sunday 2 December 2018

'Tis Sunday Morning.....

I am having a very lazy Sunday morning, so decided to update the blog before I shower and dress for a lunch out today. It is our patchwork group Christmas lunch, so hope to have a few photos of that for another post. I had good intentions of being in the garden this morning, to water everything after the heat and gale-force winds of yesterday. Fortunately the storm brought some rain overnight, which will keep everything going for a bit longer. The winds were so strong last night, that I did have some concern about damage, but all seems to be well this morning.

As reported in my last post, I have spent some serious time with Max this week, catching up with some quilting. All was going well, until a few days ago, and I am now unpicking a quilt I was not happy with. All I will say is, that I must have been having a serious "senior moment", and can't believe I did what I did. I spent Friday evening with my "unpicker", and then some more time last night. But last night I remembered that I had Netflix on my laptop, which helped to pass the time much quicker.  A few more nights of "homework" this week, and the quilt should be ready to be redone. I debated long and hard about unpicking, but know that I would not be happy if it "went out the door" as it was.


This is just a quick photo of a quilt that was on the machine this week, and I will post more photos later. But can you see the stitching on this bear?? It is all thread painted, by hand! The detail is amazing. Look at all those little knots on the collar, and the tiny flowers!! I am very happy with the quilting on this one, and there will be NO unpicking on this.


In between the quilting, there has been some garden time. I did take some time to "watch the birds", as there has been a lot of bird noise in that tree this week. I have a love/hate relationship with this Silky Oak tree, which looks just stunning when it is in flower. The birds love it, and I counted about 5 or 6 varieties at work on the flowers.


This tree is not in my yard, but just over the fence into the next block. Most of the year it drops its leaves, which make a big mess in my yard, as you can see below. And most of the year, I complain and grizzle about the mess, but then when it flowers I can appreciate how pretty it looks against the blue sky. It's a bit like the black birds, which also make a mess in the garden, by pulling the straw out of the garden beds, but "redeem" themselves when I hear them singing! Just like life isn't it? Always the good and the not so good in most situations. (Although sometimes you have to look really hard to find a good, but it's usually there somewhere!)


This hedge has really grown well, and is pretty in flower at the moment. I think this was planted about 3 years ago, and is filling up that fence line nicely.


That's enough newsfromjude for now. I will be back with a separate post of quilt photos, which are waiting to be shown.

Enjoy your Sunday, whatever you are doing,

Blessings, From Jude


2 comments:

Michele Hill said...

What a task with all that unpicking...comes from being a perfectionist I guess!! Good on you x

Raylene Edwards said...

I’m sure all that unpicking will eventually see another of your quilts leave with you being being happy & your customer being thrilled with the result. Persevere with the tree, it’s beautiful. 😊