Monday 26 November 2018

Home again


 I returned home this afternoon after a few days in Melbourne. The weather was very cold, wet and wintry when I left home on Friday morning, but nice and sunny for the drive home today. This is my 2nd drive on my own to Melbourne, and I am very thankful for Google Maps on my phone, that tells me where to go, and what lane to get in for the next part of the freeway. The traffic is very heavy going through the centre of the city, and was down to a slow crawl some of the time. The following 2 photos show you how I had my phone set up so I could see it, the first time I went, which was a home made, temporary fix, that came unstuck on the journey home. The second photo shows how much better it is with a purchased item that was made for the phone.


Of course I had to take lots of photos of Miss Billie, but will only share a select few. This smile is just like that of her mother when she was this age.



Swimming lessons are every Saturday morning and a great father/daughter time together. She loves the water.




This is a very rare picture as there is no smile happening here. Hopefully she will laugh at this in years to come.


I posted a quick phone blog on Saturday after I had been to Australian Quilt Market, which is the Quilting and Patchwork Industry Trade Show, that is held in Melbourne each year. Always good to see the new fabrics, and perhaps find a bargain or two. I brought a little bag home with me, and have some more that will be delivered in due course! My mind is working on designs for more mystery cases already.

I mentioned visitors that I had last week, and here are a couple of photos of them. GD2 came with her friend and we "reconstructed" another school uniform, went out to lunch and a drive around town, and played cards at night. It was a lovely few days, and I loved having you visit. School is finished now, and it's all set for the next part of life.




I think that's enough for tonight, and my bed is waiting for me. Tomorrow it has to be action stations at the machine with Max, in the hope of finishing quite a few that are in the queue to be finished before the end of the year.

Blessings, From Jude



2 comments:

Raylene Edwards said...

You’ve had a great weekend with Miss Billie & family. Santa was quite a shock, next year will be her usual smiley face. Another schoolies creation looks good, perhaps another string to your bow? 🤔

Jean McGee said...

Precious moments with the newest baby in your family althoug Father Christmas wasn't a big hit, better luck next year! Thanks for sharing once again Judy, take care,Jean 😀😀