Sunday 9 December 2018

This and that....


A lot seems to have happened since I posted on Thursday morning, so I shall try to quickly catch you up on the newsfromjude, while I am waiting for a couple of visitors.

On Thursday it was our final Angels day for the year, so we decided to share lunch together and also help celebrate the special "0" birthday of one of our members.

You can see some of them sitting around the sewing tables, but I can tell you than no sewing was done. This was a social occasion.





After a rousing chorus of Happy Birthday, and obligatory blowing out of candles, (of which there were only a few!), we shared a delicious rainbow sponge cake.


The weather on Thursday was almost up to 40deg, and Friday it was forecast to be the same. Even the night temps were up, so sleep was a bit harder. But Friday morning it was an early start for Pat and I for a trip to the city for the December Appraisal day, followed by a shared Christmas lunch. Sorry, there are no photos, but we enjoyed a good day. 

After the meeting there was a few stops, to deliver quilts, for Pat to have a hair cut, do a bit of shopping, and to meet a new customer and discuss her quilt. I am so glad that cars have air conditioning these days, as it was HOT.

I did find some new Christmas hats that will be put away until Christmas in July. I know just how much the retreaters love to wear hats!! (Not!)



On the way home from the city Pat and I called into Murray Bridge to visit with Mum and Dad. It was also Mum's 87th birthday, and we shared a fish and chips meal with them. Pretty good for 87, isn't she?


After a full day, we arrived back in Bordertown about 9pm. And I did sleep well that night, and was rather late in getting out of bed the next morning.

Saturday was full of lots of jobs, including some allover quilting, and a few garden jobs. After the heat of the previous day I needed to water everything, and I finally tied up the tomato plants. Even the beans now have a trellis to climb up on.

Both GD1 and GD2 have celebrated their end of schooling with formals recently, and I have these photos to share with you.

First is GD1.................


....... also GD2.



Don't they both look beautiful, and oh, so grown up!

This morning I went to church, and will also admit to having a nanna nap in the chair after lunch. And then I received this photo, of DD3 and Miss Billie, which was taken at Nhill this afternoon, telling me they were an hour away!


And now they have arrived, so I will finish off this post, and have some cuddles with Miss Billie. She has made a lot of progress since I saw her only 2 weeks ago. From just sitting up, she is now pulling herself up onto the furniture and is just 9 months old! No rest for her mum now, as she will need "eyes in the back of her head".

Blessings, From Jude

3 comments:

Raylene Edwards said...

Both Birthday ladies are amazing, they are a joy to know. Glad the weather cooled for you to sort the garden & whip Max into gear. GD’s look lovely, & a few special days with Miss Billie & mum should keep your balance just right. 💕

Sue SA said...

It was stinking hot and then Sunday it was humid because we had 7mm of rain, weird weather! Your GD look stunning, such lovely dresses too. Glad your getting cuddles and visit with Miss Billie and her parents. Enjoy!

Susan said...

What a lovely post! When I lived in the southwest desert, I wondered what people did in the "old days" before a/c. Now I live in the humid part of the US, and I still wonder what they did! Even more! I'd take the desert over the humidity, if I could move back. =) Your grands are gorgeous, and that includes Miss Billie.