Tuesday 4 December 2018

Quilts again......


It's time for some  more quilt photos.

First up is an Antelope Canyon quilt made by Val, using blue and white fabrics. 
Val made this for her brother, who likes the colour blue, and because the colours reminded us of the sea, it was quilted in an allover pattern called Ocean Froth.




Lyn made this quilt for a niece's birthday, using the Scrappy Trips pattern, by Bonnie Hunter. This was quilted allover with a pattern called Summer Buzz. 





Di has been busy finishing a few, and has made the next 3 quilts. This one is very pretty in pinks/purples and grey. This photo was taken in the afternoon as you can see the sun coming through the window. It was quilted allover with Vanilla Orchid.




The next 2 quilts are I Spy quilts, that Di has made for her grandchildren. The first one is quilted with a pattern called Spring Thing, and the next with a Swirly allover.









Jocelyn has also made an Antelope Canyon quilt, although this one is using the Texture Graphics range of fabrics. 


She decided that Antelopes are more American, and wanted to Applique kangaroos on her quilt and call it Kangaroo Canyon. Life got in the way and the applique did not happen, and she just wanted it finished. After some discussion we decided to quilt kangaroos on the quilt instead, so I hope you can see them bounding all over the quilt.


The back shows them better.


It must be the season for I Spy quilts as this one was made by Maree, for a granddaughter, and quilted allover with Flowing Ribbons.





Maree also made this scrappy curved quilt as well, and this was quilted allover with a pattern called Merrily.



I will be back soon with another post, as it's time to call it a day. I am steadily working on that unpicking job, in between finishing a few quilts. I need to get a few done to deliver when I head up the highway again on Friday for Quilt Appraisal day.

The weather is warming up this week, into the high 30's, so the watering is happening in the garden too. I have not put the mulch out yet, so hope it survives until next week.

Blessings, From Jude

2 comments:

Sue SA said...

Kangaroos looked perfect on the quilt! And loved the two eye spys, I have a few more I need to make so good to see others combinations of blocks, especially in a rectangular layout.

Susan said...

What fabulous posts! I really like both of those Antelope quilts. I will have to look for the pattern online. The I Spy quilts are all marvelous, and I love that they are all different. Your quilting looks great! If you lived here, I have one I'd send you. =)