Tuesday 25 December 2018

My day!

While I am waiting for the last sprinkler to be finished watering the front lawn, I thought I might give a "brief" outline of how I spent my day!

Earlier this morning I posted a Christmas message, and spent time reflecting on the reason for the day, and did some watering of the garden. The temperatures are rather hot for the whole week, which is a shock to the system as we have only had an odd hot day before it dropped into cooler temps.


Then I had a video call with Miss Bridie and her mum and dad. She was very excited to show me her presents, and show me the remains of the carrots that she had left for the reindeer. Her mum sent me a video of when she first woke up, which is lovely to see. Almost like being there.

Then it was time for church, which was earlier this morning. When I returned home I pondered on what I would sew, and cleared the table ready for the machine. And then opened some boxes......
Maybe something in this box, but alas they were not quick projects and required more thinking than I needed today......



......maybe I could find something in here to load onto Max? No, they were mostly going to be custom quilting jobs, not quick!..................


I know this baby is coming real soon, could be in 2 weeks??, perhaps I should make that round quilt that I promised?? Where did I put the fabric that I brought back from the US? ...............Ahh, found it, needs pressing first, have not decided on a backing either, that's not going to be quick either!...............Note it's still on the ironing board.

                                 I remembered a charm pack I also bought in the US, that would be quick to sew the squares together...... then wondered what I would do for a border, and started overthinking the whole process...........and then discovered some fabric that would work with those squares, if I left the pinks out??........   (sorry can't get rid of the lines!?)



By this time I was a bit tired, and thought I would have a little nanna nap, and come back to it.
A half hour and I was revived and decided to have a cuppa and piece of christmas cake and sit in the pergola before it got too hot. While I was there I had 2 more video calls to DD1 and DD2 and families. It was great to talk to them all and see their gifts and what they were all doing.

While I was sitting in the pergola, my almost 90 year old neighbour came over and played his guitar and sang Mary's Boy Child to me. I videoed him, and he was amazed when I played it back to him.

By that time it was lunch time, and my Christmas lunch was home grown zuchinni and beetroot, with some meat. It was just steamed in the microwave, and was yummo. (Also my first taste of yellow beetroot!)


I needed to boil some eggs for the curried eggs I have promised to take tomorrow, so put them in the saucepan to boil. I hulled the strawberries to go on the pavlova for lunch tomorrow.


 I should have wrapped the remaining gifts that I needed to take, but they were still on the table. I thought I might just have a cuppa, and sit at the table and read while the eggs were boiling.


While I was reading the book, the phone rang and it was DD3 on a video call, so I went to sit in the lounge chair in comfort to talk to her. Not a good idea, as about 3/4 hour later, I remembered those eggs were still boiling. Luckily not boiled dry, but too far cooked to be used!


By this time, I was exhausted (?), so had another nanna nap, and woke up about 4pm. My decision then was to sit and read that book, until it was time to put the sprinklers on again,, and forget any ideas of trying to sew anything.

End result of my day, is I did boil some more eggs and did not walk out of the kitchen till they were done. I did wrap those gifts that are needed in the morning. I have cleaned up the kitchen and dishes. And I did finish reading the book. The watering is done for today and bed is looking good.
It was lovely to talk to all my family "face to face", and attend church on our Lord's birthday.
And you have to laugh at all the other things, and just go with it!!

Tomorrow is another day,

Blessings, From Jude


5 comments:

Chookyblue...... said...

Sounds like you just went with it .......enjoy today........nothing special on here....just back to reality. ..

Susan said...

It actually sounds like a very nice day! I can't believe that your 9 am low was my mid-afternoon high up-over. LOL 42! That is a bit warm! I hope you are on the desert side, because I wouldn't like that with humidity at all!

Jean McGee said...

What a lovely, relaxed day a bit of everything but nothing too hard. We should all have days like that. Take care, love from Jean 😀

Raylene Edwards said...

You certainly squeezed quite a lot into that day. The Rest, Revive, Survive motto seems a good plan for such a busy day.

Susan Smith said...

Busy as usual, but a little different to your usual. Hard when our kids don't live close, though we did visit DD & had phone calls to our boys. This heat isn't good, as we are predicted to reach 37 today. Take care & stay cool.