Friday 3 July 2015

My sewing fix

 

It seems to have been a long time since I have sat at the sewing machine and did some piecing. Last weekend I decided that it was about time I thought about a raffle quilt for the upcoming pink retreat weekend in September.

I found the fabric for the border, and looked in my stash of 2 1/2” strips for matching colours and decided to make a jelly roll quilt. And then I wondered what would happen if I made every other strip a white one. It did not turn out exactly how I had thought it might, but it was quick, and it is done. I tried to space out the darker pinks, by using them at the start, in the middle and at the end, and look what happened! They are all at the bottom! I have a bright pink backing picked out and will use a pink thread for the allover quilting. Then I need to sell some tickets to raise funds for the BCNA.

IMG_0577

Looking around my sewing area, I found the blocks that I had put together to try out a pattern that the darling Faye gave me for the Mystery quilts. I decided it was so close to being done that I should just add the borders so that it was done. And this is the finished quilt, which I have also cut the backing for and put aside for the quilter! Thankyou Faye.

IMG_0593

I did enjoy my time sitting at the sewing machine. It is something that I have missed in the busyness of life. I also made another recipe book cover this week for a birthday gift. And I have decided that I really do need to take time out to “fill up my tank”, by doing something just for me. This is part of my trying to have a balance in my life and there will be more of it.

No comments: