Monday 20 July 2015

I will be here awhile

 

This is what I am working on at the moment. A gorgeous hand pieced hexagon quilt. When I received this awhile ago I thought how nice it would be to actually make something like this for myself. It is one of those quilts that you actually want to touch and feel. But, let me tell you, that as soon as that thought went into my head, it left just as quickly out the other side!! Open-mouthed smileA needle and thread is just not one of my skills, and probably by the time I ever have the time to just sit and sew, my eye sight will be gone. So for now I shall be sticking with my sewing machines. But I do love this quilt, and appreciate the amount of work that went into making it. And my instructions are for intense custom quilting.

IMG_0677

These hexagons are 3/4” across. I can’t even imagine sewing something this tiny.

IMG_0675

This is a photo of the back and I think you can see how much fabric is in the seams, which is why it feels so heavy.

IMG_0674

I shall be back with photos of the finished quilt in a few days.

Blessings, From Jude

No comments: