Friday 17 April 2015

Quilt photos

 

I was waiting for better light today to take more photos, but the sun did not come out, so these will have to do. I think you can get the idea of what I did. It was cloudy all day, and tonight I can even hear some rain outside. Do hope the garden will get a water and the tanks need filling also.

This quilt was made by Cheryl, and the pattern is the English Basket Quilt, which is a design of Corliss Searcey from Threadbear Quilts in Castlemaine. The original quilt was an English Medallion Quilt from the early 1800’s.  Hope I have that information all correct. If you google it you will find all the information. This is a very busy quilt, and covered in lots of needleturn applique. As a “machine” girl, I can’t even begin to imagine how long it would take to do this! But I do know that the quilting took me ages, and I was up close and personal with this quilt, so I will be sad to see it go back to the owner. I can tell you that there are 60 quilting stitches for every square inch! And for the first time ever, I have charged by the hour for my work. It took me a few hours just to trim the threads from the back where I crosshatched. Hope you enjoy the photos.

IMG_9974

IMG_9979

IMG_9984

IMG_9986

IMG_9989

I have been on another learning curve tonight, trying to work out how to watermark my photos. I have not done this up til now, but decided that it might be a good idea to put my stamp on these photos. It was a bit time consuming, so I won’t be doing all the photos.

I have had another busy couple of days doing some edge to edge quilting, which is some relief from the strain of the custom. But it won’t be for long, as there are more waiting in the queue.

Thankyou to those who are leaving me blog and email messages. It is fantastic to hear from a few different names, as well as the “usuals”.

I am looking forward to this time next Friday when the next retreat is happening at The Sanctuary. I need to decide which of my UFO’s I might bring out into the light to work on.

Blessings, From Jude

6 comments:

Christina said...

I have one comment on both the applique and the quilting on this quilt and that is WOW!

Vicki W said...

Your quilting really added to the beauty of this quilt. It's spectacular!

Susan Smith said...

Spectacular, both your quilting and all that beautiful applique. Take care.

Sue said...

Beautiful

Hellie said...

Great work by the quiltmaker and the quilter. I I'm sure the owner will be in awe when she sees the work up close . An heirloom of the future.

Sue SA said...

When I put the watermark on my photos it goes on all of them automatically. I will try and find where and how I did and let you know.