Thursday 17 May 2018

The contents of that box..............

 While I am waiting for the clock to get to 9 pm so that I can take the next dose of tablets, I will post about the contents of that box. I would really like to be in bed asleep right now, but need to follow the correct times I guess.

First up is a layer cake called "A Bee's Life", and was the daily special on the day we were at Missouri Star Quilt Company, (MSCQ). And of course it was too good a price to leave there, but don't ask me exactly what that was will you, as I can't remember. I do know that quite a few of us have purchased one to bring home. I think this will be used for one of the Pick a Case Mystery quilts, sometime soon.


These 2 pieces of fabric will be made into baby play mats, in the round, as I recently made for DD3. I am not saying just when this will happen though!


This is a pack of 38 fat quarters, of Moda fabrics, "Evelyn's Homestead 1880 - 1900, and purchased just because. Something a bit different to what I have, and also could be used in a Pick a case Mystery quilt.

A selection of fat quarters that I could not leave behind, some that will be used in a Fat quarter swap that I have joined in with.


"One day" I would like to make a quilt, using the blocks in this book. Also not saying when!


Some charm packs, on the left to make a simple child's quilt, and on the right a collection of various pinks, which could make an appearance in the auction for the "Pink Retreat" in September.


Another couple of charm packs from the "Maker's Home" fabric range. I do have bolts of some of the fabrics in this range, and these packs just add a bit of extra variety, and were too good a price to leave there.


Here are 2 jelly rolls of the Garden Delights range of fabrics. I used this in my Antelope Canyon quilt, (photo below), and also sold some kits for this quilt. Unfortunately I have been unable to source any more of this range from my supplier, who told me they were not making anymore. As I have an order from a customer to purchase the kit, I was very happy to find 2 jelly rolls at MSQC, and here they are!


Here is a layer cake, and 2 charm packs
of "English Rose" and this also will find their way into a Mystery case design.


I loved this kit, called "Letters From Grace", and decided to purchase it to help fill that box up. And this will possibly find it's way into a quilt design for the retreat, as I think I might have enough of my own projects to finish, one day! And just wondering if they will work with the fat quarter pack from above??


Well, I was watching my purchases being packed into that box, and after all the above were in, there was a gap on the top. What was I to do, we can't have it all just rattling around in the box, could I? I looked around, and noticed these jumpers, (and they don't call them jumpers or windcheaters in the US, but can't remember what!) So another purchase of this, and the box was firmly packed ready for it's journey to Bordertown, Australia.


I have added all the above to my laundry basket that had all the other goodies that I bought home with me, and this is below. (This does not show the "stuff" I bought back for pressies, or lots of the little things, and some of the books).


And to finish this post, I will add the group photo that was taken at The Grand Ole Opry House in Nashville on the first day of our tour. (Thanks Heather for sending this).


I think it might be ok to take that tablet 1/2 hour early, don't you. Time for bed.

Blessings, From Jude

5 comments:

Chookyblue...... said...

Wow you hanged it full ... Love all the goodies you purchased.....

Sue SA said...

Lots of goodies, thanks for sharing!

Raylene Edwards said...

It appears another set of display shelves is needed in the studio, but where can that go? All fabrics look delicious, so the design team at No. 8 will be busy. Happy Days 😊

Jean McGee said...

What a great selection of fabrics for your "stash" lots of fun doing things with them sometime.
Love from Jean 😀😀

Joy from Days Filled With Joy said...

Ooooh lots of goodies! I particularly like the Evelyn's Homestead fat quarters :) Will you be wearing that sweater at the retreat next month?! xx