Monday 14 May 2018

Extended family time

Mother's Day this year was spent with  lots of family at the celebration of my Aunty's 90th birthday.
My mother is one of 10 children born to Alice and Walter Pope. Mum is the 7th in the family, that included 6 girls and 4 boys. There are 6 of the 10 still living, and 5 of the siblings were there at the party yesterday. I remember many family gatherings in my childhood years, as we all lived in South Australia. 2 of Mum's brothers moved to Queensland and it was a bit harder for us all to get together, although there were many family journeys north, and they returned to SA often. It was extra special that my 92 year old uncle made the journey south for this celebration, and 4 of my northern cousins also attended.

A few photos below of yesterday.



The 10 children of Alice and Walter, have produced 45 children, and this photo shows that there were 20 of the 45 in attendance yesterday! Quite an achievement I would say, as quite a few of them live in Queensland. (4 of these came down for the party).


A photo of the "paparazi" in action!


The 5 children at the party, and the birthday girl in front right, with 92 year old Uncle Don, from Queensland, front left. My mum, back left.



And here I am in the centre, with 2 of my Queensland cousins. We are all 4 months apart in age, and all at the grand "older" age of 64!


It was a lovely day, and good to catch up with so many people from years ago.  Also a good catch up with my sister, brothers and mum and dad too.

That's about all for this post, be back soon.

Blessings, From Jude

3 comments:

Jean McGee said...

Lovely photos Judy, family is very important and we sometimes don't realise how much they mean to us until sadly they are no longer there.
A wonderful tribute to the gentleman who recently passed away. Love, Jean xx

Raylene Edwards said...

That was some family gathering. A wonderful occasion to celebrate, to catch up on family news & a time to remember the good old days !!! 😊

Joy from Days Filled With Joy said...

What a lovely day Judy! So special xx