Sunday 13 May 2018

Happy Mothers Day and more........

It's Mothers Day today, well in the "official" sense, but of course it should be mother's day everyday! So to all mother's, I hope you have a lovely day, with family, or doing something you enjoy. And of course, I acknowledge that it can also be a sad day, of remembering mothers that are no longer with us, and mothers mourning children. I will be off up the highway very soon, and will see my mother today, and know that I am very blessed to still have my parents.

The last few days have been very special, and not a lot of work happening. (You might be saying, what's new??) I did manage to finish that custom quilt that I have been working on, so I am very pleased about that. And I have looked in the queue and pulled out a few tops to work on this week, so hopefully I can post some quilt photos soon, as I noticed it was the 14th April since I have done this).
It was "Angels" day on Thursday, but I have to say it was more of a social day than a working day, which was good to catch up with each other. (We do have a few quilts in the pile in case we need one, and the quilter has still not quilted any for binding!!)

There were a couple of special people staying in town on Thursday evening, and we enjoyed a meal together. It was lovely to catch up with Faye and Kim, and poor Kim had to sit through the evening while Faye and I talked "a lot" about our recent US trip! Sorry I did not get the camera out!

Friday was another special day, as I celebrated another birthday. A few of us enjoyed lunch at a local cafe. Thanks girls. We lingered, and chatted, and it was mid afternoon before I arrived home.


Friday evening it was out again, with Miss Bridie, and her mum and dad.


Then it was back home, and I had some help to blow out the candle!! Only one, and only a cup cake, just for Miss Bridie's benefit.


I am very blessed, and received lots of cards, and lovely gifts. Looks like I need to spend some serious time in the garden soon!! Thankyou to all.


Miss Bridie and her mum drawing me some pictures.


I brought some "duck quackers" back from the US for the little grandies, and Miss Bridie loved it. These were the whistles that we were given when we "Rode the Ducks" in Branson.


Miss Bridie was able to "meet' a kangaroo on Saturday morning, and it looks like they were both happy with each other. This miss is a real adventurous girl, and not much fazes her.



Well better finish this post, put on the winter woollies,  and get some petrol in the car. The weather has been so cold this week, and there is the possibility of some sunshine today.

Be back soon, with a report of today.

Blessings, From Jude

4 comments:

Joy from Days Filled With Joy said...

Happy Birthday and Happy Mother's Day dear Judy! Looks like your day was special! Love the pic of Miss Bridie and the roo! xx

Sue SA said...

Happy belated birthday Judy and best wishes for mothers day. Glad you got to see some of your family this week and some fun times with friends.

Raylene Edwards said...

What a social butterfly you’ve been with so many family & friends helping you celebrate a birthday & Mother’s Day. I loved the look of wonder on Miss Bridie’s face as she blew out the candle 🎂

Jean McGee said...

Happy birthday to you on your special day, lovely to have your loved ones and friends spend time with you. Love, Jean xx