Tuesday 8 May 2018

Family time

Last Friday was the day that Miss Billie came to visit, with her mum and dad. Of course I have lots of photos, and here are a few. It was a lovely weekend, with lots of cuddles, and sitting around chatting, a little bit of meal preparation, and not a lot of anything else.



On Saturday, DD2 and family came to visit, and brought my mum with them. It was special that mum could come, as she has not been here for over 2 years. This photo is of 4 generations, the oldest more than 86 years, and the youngest at 2 months.



The boys met Billie in Melbourne when she was born, but this was the first cuddle for GD1.



And this is the "official" 2 months old photo for her album. She has such large blue eyes.


Miss Billie, and her parents left for home on Monday morning, and I have no more excuses not to get back to work.

After so many blog posts during the trip, (and I am so glad that I made the effort to keep up with the posts on the trip), I have come to a halt, and there is not a lot to report on. Yesterday I actually got back to work with Max, and have a couple more days left on this custom quilt. I did say in the last post that I should not have loaded a custom, and when an allover quilt job was delivered on Thursday last week, I unzipped the custom and loaded it. So I can state that I have finished 1 quilt since I returned.!! Unfortunately, I forgot to photograph it and it was picked up before I remembered! 

Tomorrow it will be 4 weeks since I turned Max off to prepare for the trip. I don't know when I have ever had that much time off before!?? It has been hard to get back into things, but it's finally happening. Life is about to get really busy again, so no time to rest and procrastinate now!

All the preparation for the tour, over the last few months, and now it's been and gone! It took me a few days in America, to actually believe I was half way across the world,  and now more than a week since I arrived home, I wonder if it was all just a dream??!! Does that make sense??

That's about all for now, maybe I will have some quilt photos for you soon. And there will be more family photos this weekend. Miss Bridie and her parents are coming on Friday, and on Sunday I am off up the highway to celebrate the 90th birthday of Mum's sister. There will be a big family gathering, including relatives from Queensland that I have not seen for a long time.

Hope your week is a good one.

Blessings, From Jude




5 comments:

Joy from Days Filled With Joy said...

Yes, it feeling like a dream does make sense!! I am the same with my travels... it just seem so unreal, but it is great to have all the photos and blog posts to remember them... glad you had a lovely time with family - lovely photo of the 4 generations! xx

Chookyblue...... said...

Such precious time...... Family together.... Omg she sure is growing fast and such beatiful big eyes....... 4 generations of girls..... Very special......

Raylene Edwards said...

You have had a wonderful weekend, especially as your family is far from you & each other. I see the Duck Quacker & American money was well received!! Now it’s Back to Business. 😂

Alison B said...

Beautiful photos, your family sure breed cuteness and good looks!

Jean McGee said...

You must have loved having the family with you, especially spending time with your Mum and little Billie. A
A lovely way to wind up your holiday. Beautiful photos Judy.
Love, Jean xx