Saturday 15 April 2017

Day Two............

Thought I would do a quick post tonight about my efforts from Day two of my sewing retreat, as we have an early start in the morning to attend the Easter Sunrise service at the lake.
I posted this photo of some of the projects that have been waiting, and today I chose 3 of these boxes to work on. Yesterday was quilting and binding day, today was piecing at the machine.


First up was this box which was started in the Lessa Siegele Fractured Circles workshop, from back in 2008. I had sewn about 12 quarter circles together, and cut out the rest. I think I remember doing one other curved workshop, and not really loving it, and I have not changed my mind. I stitched some of these in the morning, and came back to the rest after lunch.


Marie came to check out what we were doing, and here she is casting her eye over Val's frog and platypus blocks. We did have 2 other ladies who visited in the afternoon, to see what we were up to.


My "binding angel" has done an amazing job, otherwise I would have unfinished projects still.
Thankyou Raelene. She assure me she loves hand work, and she even presses blocks too! It has certainly helped me to achieve what I have.


Julie came for the day, and started work on a wallhanging she wants to make, and spent some time auditioning fabrics, and then made good progress after lunch. Sorry I have no other photos, as I was too busy sewing.


Val has finished her blocks for "the" quilt, and now has to make some decisions on sashing and borders. 


Now I have finished 48 of these quarter circles, and have to decide about how I want to put them together, and what borders etc etc. But it is great to get this far. I shall play around on EQ7 with options before I go any further.


These poor little bees have not made much progress, because someone is helping me instead.


The next box contained my attempt at the Quick Curve Ruler workshop, from last year. I posted about this here and told of the cutting error I made. I decided to join the blocks I had made and add some borders for a bed runner to keep my cold feet warmer. Because of the mistakes, it was tricky to piece, and doesn't need real close inspection! Maybe my quilter can fix it??


And late this afternoon I got to this box, which contained my efforts from a one day workshop with Heather Ford, using the HexNMore ruler. I am making a table runner and placemats in the fabrics that match my pot holders, and mixer and coffee maker covers. I have made some progress tonight, and hope to get back to this tomorrow. (There are too many things on my list that I want to do, and 4 days is going real fast).


This is the quilt I finished yesterday, and Raelene has hand sewn the binding for me. Only about 15 years to get it finished!!


And this wall hanging from 2005 is ready for a hanger so that it can grace a wall somewhere.


Thankyou to all those who commented and gave me good advice about how to decide on my projects for this weekend. I started on the the quickest ones, so that I would feel like I was making progress.

That's all folks, time for bed.

Blessings, From Jude

5 comments:

Joy from Days Filled With Joy said...

How lovely of Raelene to be such a help! I love stitching binding too, it is very therapeutic... xx

Sue SA said...

So pleased to see you with some finished projects and enjoying yourself quilting with friends. Happy Easter.

Susan Smith said...

Well done you! Oh, and a couple of helpers & the others who were working hard, all helping to push each other forward. Enjoy the rest of the weekend & take care.

Chookyblue...... said...

making great progress.......

Jean McGee said...

Just catching up on your news, lots happening for you and I am looking forward to catching up soon. 😀😀