Sunday, 31 January 2016

"Tis done!

Just a quick post this morning to update you on yesterday. I started painting the ceiling and when I was 3/4 way through, I realised that I was going to run out of paint. So a trip to the store when it opened at 9 saw the purchase of another tin. I forgot that ceiling paint was much thicker, and had also used this 4 litre tin in the bathroom. I should have purchased a 10 litre tin in the first place. I had finished the ceiling by mid morning, and then took some time out when friends called in the see the progress.
Then it was time for an early lunch before I opened the wall paint, which is called Seafog. This colour is not a lot different than what was already on the walls, so only needed one good coat to cover. By 4pm I had finished the walls. I should have counted how many times I stepped up onto the ladder.  I am thankful that my ceilings are not high in this house, as I am not that confident going up any higher than 2 steps. Then it was time to wash the roller, brush and tray, and take off my "painting" clothes and wash the paint from my face and hair. That felt much better. I will say I was in bed by 7pm last night for a good sleep.
There are no photos, as the mess is all still there, and I need to take the tape off the doors etc yet.
That will wait for another day, as today I am having a day off!!
Tomorrow will see the bathroom guys back again, and our local patchwork group commences again for the new year. And some quilting to happen this week too. There will be more renovations as a last minute decision has been made to update the "little room" too, while the guys are at it.
I still have more painting in my future, but maybe a week or two yet.

Because it seems strange to write a post without any photos, I shall include some I took in my garden recently. First is a plant that I purchased because I thought the flowers on the label looked pretty, so I was rather happy to see it when it did flower. Maybe next year I will get more flowers.

And this is one of my roses that has been very happy to to grow now that they have the fence to shelter them from the north winds.

Enjoy your Sunday, whatever you are doing. Will be back soon.

Blessings, From Jude


Susan Smith said...

I hope that the time has come for you to take a rest from the painting for a while. The garden must be looking lovely now. Take care.

Jean McGee said...

You will certainly be looking for a break soon, I know how hard painting can be especially on your own but you will feel fantastic when it is finished. I wish I lived near you and would have helped. Xx😀