Thursday 14 January 2016

More quilts

I hope you had a chance to watch the video of Lessa Siegele that I posted about in the last blog. I watched it on Monday, and was very impressed. It was very entertaining and I learnt a few things in the demos. Today I had the chance to watch it again, when a friend who does not have a computer, came here to see Lessa.

Looking back in my photo files I can see that there a quite a few quilts that I have not shown on the blog. There seems to be a long gap between quilt photos lately. Must be that there has been a lot of other things happening.

Suzie made this quilt for a wedding present, and she loves the modern waves pattern, so most of her quilts are done with this. I loved the background print on this quilt, but it is hard to see in the photo.


Again made by Suzie and quilted with Modern Waves, this quilt was made for a baby and is great collection of pinks, so guessing it is a girl!


This was made by Jenny, and was a kit and pattern from Quilters Harvest at Warracknabeal. Not sure what the name of it is, and it was quilted with a point to point pattern going diagonally through the blocks, to give it a custom look.


A quilt made by Linda, and quilted all over with a berries pattern. The border which you can't see is a border print.


 This baby quilt was also made by Linda, and quilted all over with a circles pattern which looks like balloons floating across the quilt.


This quilt was hand pieced by Jo, and quilted all over with a Continuous Baptist Fan pattern.


A very modern quilt, made by Carol and quilted all over with Modern Waves.


 And this chevron quilt was made by Dianne, and the only quilting on this is stitch in the ditch, which defines the pattern nicely.


In case you think that I have been busy this week, I will tell you that these were all done last year, before the wedding, so maybe that is why I forgot to show them.

I am busy working on some custom quilt this week, and am feeling much more motivated today with a temperature drop from 40 deg yesterday, so 26 today. It is almost cold, and I love it. It is so nice to sleep with blankets on and wake up feeling refreshed.

Time to call it a day, as I have been up since 5.30am. Lots happening in the next few days.

Blessings, From Jude

2 comments:

jfoster8 said...

Busy girl

Jean McGee said...

Some beautiful and unusual quilts there Judy. 😀