Tuesday 8 December 2015

Thursday and we are on our way….

I have been thinking about how I was going to do this post, and I know there are lots of people waiting for wedding photos. I have decided to break the story up into a post for each day, which documents the whole event, as I know it will take awhile to post all the photos I have.

We left Bordertown about 8am on Thursday morning, in 3 cars. I drove my car on the way to Melbourne, but don’t do city traffic when I have no idea where to go, so I had a driver for the rest of the way. We were following the black car, and hoping he was on the right road. I have to say that driving in unfamiliar places, that those apps on the phones are amazing, telling you where to turn and how long before you will get there! Maybe if I get one, I will be able to negotiate Melbourne and drive myself??

20151203_135123

After we left the city traffic behind it was a very scenic drive through the farmlands, the hills and valleys, and vines and trees. A mob of cows in the paddock reminded us of our farm days.

20151203_140512

Are we there yet?? The sign said Healesville, so we were getting closer.

20151203_140536

We stayed at the Tower House in Healesville for 4 nights, and the “after wedding brunch” on Sunday morning was held here too. The house has a tower built on the side of it, and you can go up stairs and look out over the surrounding countryside with binoculars.

20151203_144556

(In the top of the tower, hamming it up with the binoculars!)

!cid_image11

The house was very spacious with 4 bedrooms which accommodated us very well.

20151203_144813

20151203_144829

Time to relax after our journey and sit out on the deck, which you can see above, and enjoy a little snack! I have to say that I found it a bit hard, just sitting around, and felt like I should be doing something!

20151203_161244

And time for Miss Bridie to stretch the legs after our 7 hour journey.

20151205_075343

The excitement was building up for the weekend ahead. More to come in the next post soon.

Blessings, From Jude

No comments: