Monday 7 December 2015

Quilt update..

 

I am back home after being away since last Thursday. And I know that you are waiting for wedding photos, but that will take me awhile to report on, so tonight I shall post a few photos of recent quilting instead.

First is Jennifer’s quilt which was custom quilted, and I received an email today telling me that she was very happy. Jennifer makes a lot of quilts with dresdens on them, and it is always a challenge to come up with different quilting plans for each quilt.

IMG_2310

IMG_2311

IMG_2316

This is Sherrel’s quilt, called Fire and Ice, that she made at a Mystery retreat earlier this year. It was simply quilted with Modern Waves, which gives it a lovely texture and does not “take over” the quilt piecing.

IMG_2199

IMG_2201

This was made by Erica, also in a Mystery retreat, and quilted all over with a daisy pattern.

IMG_2203

While I was away I received an email from Bonnie Hunter of http://quiltville.blogspot.com.au/ com telling me that she posted on her blog about our Pink Retreat that was held back in September. If you click on the following link, http://quiltville.blogspot.com.au/2015/12/a-bit-of-stitching-with-pink-ladies.html you can read her story. Thankyou Bonnie for the linkup and for giving your permission to use your Scrappy Trips pattern for the retreat.

I will be back soon with lots of photos and a report on a fantastic wedding that I just attended. Open-mouthed smile

Blessings, From Jude

2 comments:

Sue SA said...

Lovely quilts, especially like the dresden. Looking forward to wedding reports. Did you get rain this morning?!

Susan Smith said...

Glad the wedding went well. Love what you did with the dresden plate. Look forward to the photos and take care.