Saturday 8 August 2015

Updating…

 

I just can’t believe just how fast the weeks a whizzing by. Here we are at another weekend, and I have to sit and think about what I did in the last few days.

It is nice to work in my tidied desk area, although things seems to creep in when you are not looking and take up space on the desk! It needs to be an ongoing process to keep it sorted. I managed to find some more WIP’s that escaped the big reveal, so will do that later. It seems to a bit of an epidemic in blogland, that lots of people are sorting, and decluttering their “stuff”. One day I shall get around to putting up the quilts that I have.

I have enjoyed the comments that you have been leaving and have had some email messages and phone texts as well, which has been fantastic. Thankyou all for coming and visiting my “place”. I am still thinking about what to give away, and jokingly said to one lady, that maybe I could give away one of my UFO’s! Then I would have one less. Winking smile

I received a lovely message from one lady, who sent me this poem…..

“Your sanctuary is a place we treasure, 

Our weekends there give so much pleasure:

Your caring deeds, and thoughtful ways

Give us all such happy days.”      

I thought it was worthy of a blog post. Thankyou so much.      Crying face                                                          

I remembered that I had not posted photos of Heather’s quilt that I finished a few weeks ago. It was her collection of Oriental and indigo fabrics and I quilted it with a very simple all over pattern, which was called clouds. The fabrics speak for themselves. It was a very large quilt.

IMG_0623

IMG_0625

I received a visit late Thursday afternoon from a couple of lovely ladies, who were driving home to Adelaide from Canberra. It was fantastic to catch up with you, and thankyou for calling Maxine and Dot. We enjoyed a lovely evening meal at the local hotel before they finished their journey to home.

The planning is happening for the “Pick-a-case” Mystery retreat in 2 weeks, and there are 2 places left for this weekend. If you might be interested in coming, I would love to hear from you. It is always a great time of fun and sharing with other quilters. A weekend to be looked after, no meals to prepare, and no dishes to do either! Come and join us.

Well, that’s about all the newsfromjude for today. After church tomorrow I will be heading up to the family gathering for nephew and his new wife. Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

Blessings, From Jude

3 comments:

Susan Smith said...

Thanks for the update Judy and glad you are getting on top of the decluttering and mine is going well, although slowly. Your mystery weekend sounds good, but I won't be able to come. Love the little poem and having been, I agree with it wholeheartedly. Take care.

paulineclark@Gmail.com said...

What a beautiful saying Judy. So true. The Sanctuary is truly a place to unwind & relax.A place to meet new friends & rekindle friendships with the many friends already made.Thankyou Judy.x

Jean McGee said...

The lady who wrote the poem for you has summed up how well feel because your cheerfulness and generosity makes the Sanctuary a very happy place. Thank you Judy you are wonderful.x😍