Thursday 27 August 2015

More quilts

I spent quite a time doing a posting last night, and hit publish, and it took ages, and then froze up on me, so I hope all is working as it should be tonight!!

The quilts are getting done, and more arriving as some are leaving. Time for another quilt show of some that I have quilted.

This is the pile finished this week and waiting pickup or ready to be posted.

IMG_1061

This is the quilt made by our group to be raffled at our exhibition in October. Funds raised will be donated to the Flying Doctor Service, that is well used by people in our town if they need urgent medical attention, when they are flown to Adelaide.

IMG_0837

This is the 2014 Bedford quilt that was made by Kath and quilted all over with a pattern called April.

IMG_0840

This is Maries Head to the Border quilt, and she is so pleased to have a finish. The centre was started in a Fractured Circles workshop with Lessa Siegele back in about 2003! It is fortunate that Marie was able to match the centre fabrics easily from her hand dyed stash.

20150805_IMG_0067

This was quilted all over with a pattern called Modern Snails, and I love the texture that it has given to the quilt.

20150805_IMG_0071

This is Heather’s Head to the Border quilt, which has been custom quilted. The quilts will all make a great display, as they are so different, and each persons interpretation of the design element has been interesting.

20150805_IMG_0073

20150805_IMG_0074

Last Sunday afternoon after a few ladies had departed, I took my sewing machine over to The Sanctuary to work on my Head to the Border quilt. I had previously sewn my hourglass border, but then unpicked it when I found the fabric that I needed. I had already cut the triangles for the blocks, so it did not take me too long to sew them together. I still need to add the corner blocks to this yet. The next 2 borders have been designed in EQ7, so hopefully I know where I am going, and it will come together when I have a few spare moments?? And then I have to hope the quilter can get her act together to get it done in time. 7 weeks to go??

IMG_1017

That’s all folks, won’tpush for any more newsfromjude. I will click publish and hope that it does what it should.

Blessings, From Jude

4 comments:

paulineclark@Gmail.com said...

The Head to the Border Quilts look great. Judy..

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Oh, Jude, what a treat today; all of that stupendous quilting to drool over! I love your "Border" quilt and the progress you've made. You're one busy lady these days~

Sue SA said...

Your "pink" quilt looks great, it has come a long way since I saw it last, well done, hope you make the deadline!

Susan Smith said...

Well done on your quilting and the border quilts should make a great hit at the show. Hope the 'quilter' does get time to finish it completly(giggle). Take care.