Saturday 1 August 2015

The hexagon quilt

I promised photos of the 1/2” hexagon quilt that has now been sent back to Cheryl. She tells me that she is making another one, so that both her children can have one each! I can only dream of sewing such small pieces. My hands would be all thumbs. But I love the softness of the colours. There were another 2 borders in the original quilt, that Cheryl did not do. This quilt was published in an Australian Patchwork and Quilting magazine quite a long time ago.

IMG_0754

The quilting designs are from Sharon Perry of House of Creations in New Zealand.

IMG_0746

It was a bit tricky working out some of the quilting, as the side borders are different shapes to the top and bottom, because of the shape of the hexagon.

IMG_0755

Photo of the back.

IMG_0747

Blessings, From Jude

1 comment: