Monday 4 October 2021

Our Raffle quilt

 I posted a photo of this quilt a few months ago, but will put it up again, just in case anyone was interested in buying some tickets to win it. It is 74" x 94" so quite large. Tickets are $2 each and proceeds are donated by our group to local charities. Let me know if you would like any and I shall organise this for you....





We held a couple of selling days at our local supermarket. Some years ago we made a car cover with assorted donated blocks which attracts a lot of attention to our ticket selling, while also advertising the quilt show to local shoppers.



I have finally finished the custom quilt that I have been working on, but photos will have to wait. Tomorrow there are a lot of jobs waiting for attention, and unfortunately most of them involve cleaning, which has been sadly neglected in recent weeks. The quilt frames are supposed to be put up on Wednesday, and quilts hung and judged on Thursday.

I say supposed to be, as our group is monitoring our state situation closely. While we have been quite aware of the fact that life can change suddenly in this new world of ours, it has been a shock to hear news today of an outbreak in the south east of our state. As of today our show is going ahead, although we realise numbers will be lower than normal because of border restrictions. We are holding our breath as the next couple of days unfold. Watch this space..........

Blessings, From Jude


7 comments:

Chookyblue...... said...

Hey Jude.... If I pop done money in your about can you organise some take tickets for me..... The quilt is lovely..... Hope your display goes ahead...... Goodluck

Cindy Brick said...

Love the setting on the raffle quilt! Those rich colors and that great quilting are appealing, too. Hope you sell a bazillion tickets.

Jenifer said...

If I don’t make it because of the new border restrictions I’ll be very disappointed. I wish the group every success for a wonderful show. Will look forward to lots of photos Judy! 📸

Maria said...

Good luck with your show going ahead…
Love the raffle quilt and be happy to buy tickets…

ButterZ said...

Your raffle quilt is lovely. There is lots of movement in the blocks.

Jean McGee said...

A very interesting raffle quilt, love the design and colours. Good luck with the exhibition, hope it can all go on without any covid problems.😀😀

kiwikid said...

Wonderful raffle quilt, I am happy to buy some tickets too, I wish I could come and see the quilt show!