Tuesday 12 October 2021

Hitting the wall...............

 I said I would be back with photos and news of our quilt show, and I have just downloaded a LOT of photos and now need to work out a plan for the blog post.  It was a great weekend and all went well.

Before I launch into my "hitting the wall" post, I have some garden pics to share. Just goes to show, that in spite of neglect, there are blooms. (Could be a life lesson in that statement?)





Sunday afternoon we packed it all up and my 'stuff' was loaded into 3 vehicles at the stadium and unloaded back here. It was about then that I "hit the wall" and lost it. I hesitated about sharing this, but this was my reality. I know that everyone has a breaking point and this was mine......What is that saying..."The straw that broke the camels back?".....

On reflection I can see it was a combination of many things and had been building up for a while...... just ask Raylene who has been witness to me being a grumpy old lady and impatient with people (not too sure if she will want to come back and stay again?).........Stuff that would normally roll over me had built up..........life has been busy, too busy....... keeping up with customer quilts......earlier in the year working on the 25 year book.........being publicity person for the exhibition, which also includes putting out newsletters for members, (that some don't read and then phone with a question)...........covid restrictions that meant that friends and family that live "over the border" are missing........having quilters back in my house this week has made me realise once again just how much I have missed this............Pat and I having a conversation and realising we have been too busy to process the loss of Marie............the news that a friend is moving........another friend my age is in care and not travelling well............the lack of time to keep up with friends and family............a few health issues I am trying to sort out....... as well as a very graceful (?) fall I had in the bedroom one evening that has resulted in a few bruises.  This photo is about 4 days later. And another saying..... every negative has a positive.... the extra padding that my body carries probably saved me from serious injury and no breaks....(that's my story and I'm sticking to that!).

I am aware that I don't handle change well. And there have been so many changes recently. This post is not to look for sympathy, but just to tell it like it is and record the events of my life for the blog book. I did apologise the next day to friends who witnessed my tears on Sunday evening and was reassured by them that it's what friends are for. A good night's sleep also made things look much better the next morning. The pressure is off.

It was fortituous that I had scheduled a doctors appointment Monday afternoon to discuss results of previous tests and after a chat she ordered a week's rest. (And then asked if I needed a doctor's certificate, knowing full well that I was self employed!!) 

So this week the blinds to my work room are closed, Max is turned off. Next week I shall get back to some of those quilts that have been here for some time and I appreciate the understanding and patience of these customers as I worked on member's quilts before theirs). I shall be "pottering" around doing some of those ignored tasks, sorting photos for quilt show posts, some time in the garden to see what's happening outside, catching up on blog reading and as rain is forecast for the next few days the fire will be lit and maybe a book might appear? I could even sit at my sewing machine? 

It's probably also not a coincidence that I have been handed a copy of the notes of the sermon that I missed on Sunday while at the show. This was titled "Strengthen yourself in the Lord". I also received a message from another friend after my "meltdown" that said "God has his hand on your life". God is so good and has sent words of encouragement to me, via other people, just when I needed them. Thus there will be time this week to "Be still and know that I am Lord" as I think about life going forward and how I am going to get that balance I have spent so long talking about. I have felt for some time now that changes are coming and will be trusting Him for the road ahead.

Will be back soon,

Blessings, From Jude







4 comments:

Karen's Korner said...

Take care.

Maria said...

Take care put your feet up and read that book….. 🤗🤗🤗

Janice said...

I feel for you Jude, having been there done that a few years ago. Give yourself a good break from everything. As you say, you have wonderful friends who care for you and your quilting customers will understand. Enjoy sitting in front of the fire with a book and pottering around doing little things for you. Take care.

dq said...

Ouch! I hope you are feeling better physically and emotionally. Change is definitely hard sometimes.