Tuesday 6 October 2020

The Result!!!!!

  (Copied from the BCNA website)                                  

....Breast Cancer Network Australia (BCNA) is Australia’s leading breast cancer consumer organisation. For the past 22 years, we have worked tirelessly to ensure that all Australians who are affected by breast cancer receive the very best care, treatment and support. 

Represented by the Pink Lady silhouette – symbolic of BCNA’s focus on the people affected by breast cancer and all those around them, not the disease......

                                               

The words above are the reason that I support the BCNA and fundraise for them each year. I was very blessed by the support that I received following my surgery for Breast Cancer in 2008. While a lot of organisations raise funds that go to research, and are very also worthy, I do like that these funds go to the people affected....... Remember, to keep having those regular mammograms, and investigate any problems straight away. I know that those regular checks can detect problems before you know there is one, and early detection usually results in a better outcome.

I send a sincere THANKYOU to all those lovely people who have supported this fundraiser and I am stunned at the results. It was a lot of fun and a very social time, both online and here, as well as a lot of people who donated or purchased fabric packs and kits.

The total of $2,650 was paid to BCNA this week!!!

THANK YOU TO EVERYONE OF YOU!


*******************************


As I said in a previous post, this pink hair made an impact to the afternoon tea's, and in one comment from a reader they said for the fairy not to lose that pink hair! Quick as a flash she came back and said that she has booked the pink hair in for a wash and blow dry and dusted off her wings, so that she will be ready for next year!
Thankyou Raylene for all your help during the Pink! Your organisational skills are amazing and I am sorry you left before that last order of scraps squares was finished !! Your packing and stacking skills are miles in front of mine!

  I wonder what 2021 will bring? Hopefully local gatherings will be possible, and perhaps we can also be Zooming with those from a distance as well??

Today I have been to the Post office with more parcels going to their new homes, and I only have one more to send now. Max has been working today with a few more quilts lined up in the next few days. I must say that the housekeeper needs to get busy very soon, and my car is due for a good clean. I have another trip up the highway tomorrow to attend an appointment with Mum and Dad and then it's back to action. We had a lovely rain Sunday night, and while it is cold out today, the sun is shining. The forecast says more rain tomorrow, so perhaps I might get that car wash while I drive up the road???

It's probably time that I posted some more photos of recent quilting, so hopefully I do that soon. If you don't hear from me you might assume that I am busy doing housecleaning??

Blessings, From Jude






9 comments:

Jean McGee said...

Well done Judy and all the helpers especially the Pink haired lady! It's a good cause and it would be lovely if we can all do it in person again in the new year. Take care. 😀😀

Chookyblue...... said...

Huge congrats on your fundraising efforts...... You did an amazing job.... Next time tie the pink fairy up until she's finished as her work.....

Karen's Korner said...

Congratulations to you, the fairy and helpers. What a great effort.

kiwikid said...

Congratulations Jude, that is a fantastic effort! The pink fairy is amazing!!

Maria said...

Congratulations on a fabulous effort and it's great to have the Pink Fairy there to help...

Lynda B said...

CONGRATS to all involved. What an awesome amount donated to BCNA. Glad I could still be a part of the fundraising again this year. Roll on 2021 and hopefully we can get together again x

Raylene Edwards said...

Thanks Judy for the opportunity to be involved in your grand idea of The Pink Zoom Fundraiser. It was a huge success. With all your lovely blogger friends making lovely comments about the Pink Fairy, I hope the Pink wig fits next year. 💓

ButterZ said...

Jude, pink haired fairy and all the helpers and supports. Fine time on zoom, afternoon teas and all that goes with it. You did an amazing job and a great result for a wonderful cause. Well done...

Joy from Days Filled With Joy said...

Oh yay!!! So good to hear and looking forward (ie saving up!) for next year :) xx