Tuesday 13 October 2020

Family times...........

My last post was finished just before I walked out the door for a drive up the highway on Saturday morning. It was a beautiful spring day, although a chilly start of 7 deg at 7am. The wattles were still flowering in places, native plants on the roadside are blossoming, the bottlebrush trees are coming into bloom and a lovely blue sky appeared as the day progressed. I had decided to take another day out and visit the members of my South Australian families. First stop was Murray Bridge to pick up my mum for the journey. 

About 3 1/2 hours later we arrived at the home of DD1 and family and enjoyed some time sitting outside under the trees with them, while enjoying some of those scones that I had baked the day before. The chorus of the birds added to our conversation.

Our next stop was about an hour's drive away at the home of DD2 and family, where the sausage rolls you saw in my previous post were put straight into the oven to heat! You might even be able to see another plate of scones!

It was only a 5 minute drive to the next stop, the home of DS and family. 


We even managed a 4 generation family pic.


 Family times have been very limited this year, and while the numbers of active covid 19 cases in our state are negligible, I decided to act. It is rather disappointing that our day could not include a visit to DD3 and family, due to the distance of course, but also that border being closed!

It was certainly a great week for family gatherings, creating memories, and photos for the blog book.

I had great plans for Sunday which involved time in the garden, and I did spend some time there before church. "They" say that all plans can be changed, and I have to admit that some of the afternoon included a nana nap in the lounge chair. Perhaps I can blame "jetlag"? After a year with a lot less highway trips that normal, perhaps having 2 in one week was a bit much?

This week I am on a mission to work my way through some of that quilting queue and pulled out some of the plastic tubs with quilts and put them in view!! (Some of those tubs have more than one quilt in them, so I do hope I am not too ambitious?)  It's Tuesday evening and so far, so good. I have a dentist appointment tomorrow, and a committee meeting on Thursday, but in between Max will be busy. 

While I am writing this post, the birds outside in the trees are singing in full voice. It must be spring time. I will be back with a post of customer quilts real soon.

Blessings, From Jude

8 comments:

Jean McGee said...

Your Mum would have enjoyed the trip visiting family, at least the weather has been lovely the last few days.
There's always work to be done around the house and garden but good to have a break. Take care . ๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€

Gail said...

Ah, I remember Family time! Miss it. So lucky for you to be able to visit them, they look lovely. Good luck with all the quilting!

Karen's Korner said...

Lovely to be able to catch up with the family again and have 4 generations around the same table - very special. Good luck with the quilting.

Raylene Edwards said...

Country life seems idyllic to us city slickers. until it comes times for children to move to begin their lives elsewhere. Lovely photos of you & your Mum enjoying the time you all spent together. Great to hear Max is in overdrive mode. ๐Ÿ˜Š

kiwikid said...

Lovely for you and your Mum to go and visit family, special times. Hopefully the border will open soon..fingers crossed.

ButterZ said...

How lucky are you to spend time with family. All the visits are so amazing.
I love my cases too...

Maria said...

Great you could pick Mum up and visit most of your family and take some lovely photos..
Bet you've already done some quilting by now...

dq said...

I enjoyed reading about your journey to see family and the distance between stops. It is hard to have family too far away, but it sounds like you have some children who are reasonably close to each other.

I too have to put thing in view to help me focus on them.