Saturday 10 October 2020

A very quick checkin.............

 In my last post I did promise a customer quilt blog, and I am sorry that has not happened yet.

I travelled up the highway on Wednesday to attend an appointment with my mum. I did say that I hoped to get a car wash while driving in the rain and it worked.................at least the dust was washed from the outside, but the inside still needs a clean!

 We also did some furniture shopping for her spare room, and had lunch with my brother and some of his family.


The state of my house and garden has been stressing me a bit, no a lot, and so I decided to ignore customer quilts for a few more days and attack some of those jobs that needed doing. I thought that the vacuum cleaner should be working a bit better than it was, and this is what I found!! Perhaps I live in a house with lots of threads??


We have had a lovely rain this week, and it was the perfect time to get out in the garden and do some weeding and digging. I have been shifting the plants that were in this area to another place and digging this ready for planting dahlias next month.


I packed these 3 cases with 3,000 x 2 1/2" squares and posted them off to the purchaser, and that is the last of the orders to go out from the BCNA fundraiser!


I spent time in the kitchen baking goodies to take with me on another journey today.



.......................And this is where I ended up last night.


The house is not quite cleaned yet, but I have  made progress and it feels much better. 
I am heading off out the door right now, for another day off today, and will report on that soon. I think we might even see the sunshine today.

Have a great day, whatever you are doing.

Blessings, From Jude





12 comments:

Susan said...

MY word - that was a lot of baking!
House work is certainly one of those necessary evils...no fun at all.
Love those little cases of squares.

cozykoza32a@gmail.com said...

Wish I had half your energy.
I had to hire my neighbors some to help me in the garden.
It is time for my hand to heal
Kathy

ButterZ said...

Wow... very busy. Love that baking. I can taste it from here. Mmmmmm
Good to see some rain though. Great looking cases too.

kiwikid said...

You have been super busy, no time for house cleaning!!
The cases full of fabric look wonderful! Still patting mine.

Karen's Korner said...

What a whirlwind. You have achieved so much in the last few days.

Susan Smith said...

Always so busy, productive & energetic! Where do you get all that energy from? I've been so unmotivated this year, it's starting to worry me, but I really must get stuck into the 2 baby quilts I want to do for a friend & my doctor. Enjoy your weekend. Take care & hugs.

Raylene Edwards said...

Quite a few jobs crossed off The To Do List. Even that deep clean gives a feeling of satisfaction. Feet up by the fire is a great reward 🏆

Gail said...

You've been quite busy and productive! Always good to tidy up even if it's a hateful job! Outer order creates inner calm after all.

Chookyblue...... said...

Glad your got all that cutting done......it's good to get some jobs caught up.... I'm sure you will tackle the rest of the jobs......

Joy from Days Filled With Joy said...

you've been a very busy bee! Hmmm... those sausage rolls look good :) Might have to make some this week! xx

Pink Rose said...

Hi Jude wow you sure have been a busy lady ,oh i think i had better check my vaccum as it hasnt been working to good lately. Lol great way to clean your car ,how wonderful you got to spend some time with your family. Oh your baking is making me hungry ,stay safe and take care my friend xx

dq said...

Cleaning just makes me feel better. I like to clean the kitchen before cooking and the sewing room before sewing. It just makes the experience better.

It was good to see your feet up at the end of the day as it was full. I think all that wonderful baking would have warn me out the most.