Sunday 4 October 2020

A Sunday check in.............

 Just a quick post tonight before I head to the lounge and put my feet up. Today has been a bit of this and that, with some time spent in the garden. I am making a conscious effort to spend some time out there each day trying to tame the neglect. I am shifting plants from one garden bed to another, and made the move for some today in the hope that we receive a good rain tonight that has been forecast. I took some photos outside a couple of days ago when the sun was shining and while the spring flowers are still blooming. It is lovely outside at the moment with the scent of stocks, jasmine and sweet peas in the air. 












I had to take this photo below and laughed as it took me right back to farm days and making dandelion chains with the kids to wear for a necklace!!


You will notice that all the photos above have been taken closeup, so that you can't see the neglect that surrounds them!!

I went to church this morning, spent time in the garden, typed up a newsletter for our patchwork group, and cut a LOT of 2 1/2" squares for an order I have. The temperature has dropped tonight after a couple of rather warm days, and I hope to be listening to rain on the window tonight. (Note, I can't hear it on the roof because I have tiles).

I welcome Kathy as a new reader to my blog and thanks for visiting. It is an amazing world out there in blog land, and I have "met" so many lovely people.

Time to switch off for the evening, and I will be back tomorrow evening I hope with a final tally.

Blessings, 

From Jude


11 comments:

Gail said...

It's always so energizing when the flowers begin to bloom in spring! Meanwhile in the US I'm getting everything ready for winter! Enjoy the warm days outside. I had to move my blog-long story. you can read about it at gzilhickamfines.blogspot.com
Stay healthy and stitch on!

Karen's Korner said...

It is lovely to see all the flowers springing to life. I remember making those daisies chains as well. I am also on a 2 1/2" cutting spree at the moment.

Susan Smith said...

The flowers aren't worried about your neglect as they all look good. My banksia rose has finally put on a show too & yes, we've had rain overnight as well. You sent that across quickly (giggle). Good luck cutting all those 2 1/2" squares, as I nearly went nutty doing my Panademia quilt with Joy, but it's all done, quilted & had a few photo shoots. I'm ready for her next QAL now. Take care, stay safe & hugs from Gippsland.

Raylene Edwards said...

The garden is certainly welcoming the burst of lovely summer days. Then a load of much needed rain makes the magic happen along with some TLC🌻🌷🍄🌱

Chookyblue...... said...

You have heaps more flowering in the garden....

kiwikid said...

Beautiful flowers in your garden Jude, I am sure the weeds will get sorted in the fullness of time!! We had heavy rain last night and this morning, hope it dropped o your garden in the way here.

Susan said...

Such pretty flowers in your garden.. sometimes its a toss up - sewing or gardening - hard to do both at full speed!

Maria said...

Lots of lovely blooms in your garden..
You sure have had a busy Sunday and deserve to put your feet up and relax.....

cozykoza32a@gmail.com said...

Hi Jude, thanks for mentioning me.

Did it rain there? Not here.

Great pictures of flowers.

KATHY

Sharon Siacci said...

Beautiful flowers

dq said...

Hi Jude. I enjoyed your flowers. Isn't it wonderful that we can crap the bad out of photos and focus on the good? I think we do that so much on social media.