Monday 29 June 2020

"That quilt"...............


I see that it is almost another week since I posted, so better get busy tonight and update you with the latest newsfromjude. For 4 weeks now, I have been talking about the quilt that was on Max, and because it was on for SO LONG, I ended up referring to it as THAT QUILT! While it was a large quilt, and full of applique, the main reason it took so long was because I had a lot of time off in that month nursing the injuries from my fall. (And I have to report that after 5 weeks it is finally comfortable to be able to sit!)

The owner of the quilt, drove 4 hours to Bordertown on Saturday to pick THAT QUILT up. Jill was happy with her quilt, and I was happy to have it finished. The feeling of getting it done, was probably like that of being let out of school for the holidays, or finishing exams at the end of the year!

As you can see, it was a very busy quilt, and full of the most amazing needleturn applique. This is a Corliss Searcy pattern, available from Threadbear quilts, and called Celebrating Mary Brown. After consultation with Jill, she decided that she wanted lots of quilting! My challenge was to work out what to do with each block, and somehow break it up into sections, so that I did not have the same background fill in every block, which would have been very boring.

Warning, photo overload...................Hopefully you can see how I did this, and you can click on the pictures to enlarge them. I can tell you that there is 67 stitches per square inch quilted onto this quilt!
















I have since moved onto some allover quilting jobs,  got my financial details all up to date to last week, and the weekend was spent working on the applique quilts. I will be back soon with another post to round off news to the end of June ready to get my blog printed for the first 6 months of the year.

Blessings,
From Jude

9 comments:

Susan said...

Gorgeous - and time-consuming quilting - I'm sure the owner was thrilled.

Jean McGee said...

Your quilting is always beautiful Judy and I'm sure it will be appreciated. Glad you are recovering from the fall, must have been quite a nasty one by the sounds.
Take care,๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜

Raylene Edwards said...

THAT QUILT is truely amazing & seeing how your mishap hindered your ability to sew & move about, you’ve produced a stunningly finished quilt. So glad to hear that you’re ‘ sitting pretty’ now. ๐ŸŒท

Janice said...

All I can say is "Wow!". That is stunning and I bet the owner is very pleased with the results. I'm glad to here that you can now comfortably sit down again.

dq said...

The applique' is beautiful but the quilting really makes it shine! Your work is amazing!

kiwikid said...

What a beautiful quilt, your quilting brings it to life. I can see why you referred to it as THAT QUILT. ๐Ÿ˜ I bet the owner was over the moon with it.

Cindy Brick said...

Oh. My. Goodness.

Please tell me she intends to enter it for competition!!! Your work and hers combined could win some prizes.

Dot said...

Wow! Fabulous work from you both...

Maria said...

Oh that quilt is stunning and I'm sure the owner will be very happy..