Friday 5 June 2020

Up the Highway again............


And here we are on Friday morning, almost at the end of another week. Am I the only one that thinks time is going faster?? I can't see that I will ever be sitting around thinking life is boring.

I look around and don't feel that I have achieved much this week, so I will offer the excuse that I have been moving a lot slower since "the fall". Recovery is happening, but slowly. "They" tell me that it's normal as you get older!! 

So before too much more time elapses, I will try to summarise this week.

As is the usual in this time of restrictions, Sunday church services are all online, and we are blessed that many churches are out there for all to listen to. While I am looking forward to when we can meet together again face to face, I am enjoying being able to hear the word from a variety of places.

On Monday I travelled "up the highway" again, after 3 months of staying home. The car has only had short trips to the local shop and then only once a week or longer. In fact one day I started the car, and it turned over rather slowly, so I think the battery was not being charged enough on those small trips. To try and help things along, I took a longer drive to the local shop, by going via a town 10 minutes away. 

It felt quite strange to be out on the open road again and it was lovely to see the green paddocks and the sheep with little lambs. The feelings of nostalgia and memories of being back on the farm came flooding in, but only lasted a short time, until I remembered all the associated jobs that went with that!!

My appointment time was mid afternoon, so we were in no hurry, and had time to call in at Murray Bridge to catch up with Mum. This is the first face to face visit since February so it was great.



There had been reports of road works on the freeway, so we made sure to leave plenty of time for this. But we were not held up at all, so after a detour to drop off a finished quilt, and pick up more, we arrived at St Andrews hospital very early for my appointment. That left us plenty of time for a leisurely lunch and coffee at the cafe.

Now I have to confess, that I walked past these pillars every day for 6 weeks when I went to St Andrews for my radiotherapy, and I had never noticed these amazing carvings. And I probably would have walked by again, except that Raylene pointed them out to me on Monday!! Perhaps I need to look around me more??




You might need to click on this photo to read the explanation. It was hard to photograph due to the reflection on the glass of the building. 


We also met up with Kerry-Ann to return some borrowed items, which had been at my place for much longer than anticipated, due to the "stay at home" rulings of the last few months.


After this it was time for my appointment, and thankfully I have received an all clear diagnosis for my 12 year check. Thanks be to God. So it seemed very appropriate when we came up this rainbow on the journey home. A rainbow always reminds me of God's promises. It was so much brighter in reality, and they are hard to photograph, but you get the idea.


                And this one was taken through the front window with the rain spattering on the windscreen. 


We called in to see Mum again on the way home, then headed home. We managed to dodge most of the rain for the day, although the weather was very cold, with temperatures down to 10 deg for some of the time. Our journey home was quite uneventful and all was going well, until just before I got to Keith. It was then that I noticed blue and red flashing lights in my rear vision mirrors, and the heart started beating a bit faster. It was obvious that I was meant to pull over, the "boys in blue" had me in their sights. Looking at Raylene, I asked her, was I speeding? Didn't think I had been? It was some time before he got out of his car (due to checking out my car registration details) and came up to my open window. Thankfully he reassured me that I was not in trouble!! Apparently my front headlight globe was not working, so I needed to get it fixed. He gave me "some paperwork" as a reminder to get it repaired and we drove off. 


When we arrived home, and I could see the "paperwork" it said Vehicle Defect Notice!! But thankfully he had crossed out the bit where it says I need to take the car for an inspection. But I sent the picture to my kids on the family facebook page, and they all had a good laugh at me!! And it has made for a good story, as Raylene has not stopped telling it to others either!
 Yesterday the repair job was done by a lovely friend, so thankfully I am now good to drive up the road in the dark again. (Not that I have any plans to go anywhere in the near future).

One morning this week we enjoyed a morning tea of freshly made scones with a lady who lives in the same street as me. Raylene has enjoyed catching up with local friends after not being able to visit for a few months.


I just thought I would add one family photo to finish off this post. I thought this was so cute, of Miss Billie being mother hen to Mr Jett. He is growing so fast, and is 8 months old now, with a first tooth, and crawling. Not too sure how long before I will be able to see this family as the border between our states is still closed.


I have managed a bit of time with Max in the last 2 days, although not up to spending a long time yet. It will be some time yet before I finish that large custom that I loaded almost 2 weeks ago, due to not doing any for 10 days. Thankfully I have some very patient customers who are waiting for quilts. 

The next step for Rachelle's mystery quilt comes out this morning, but I haven't finished the last bit yet, so will be running behind. It's still a bit uncomfortable to sit at the sewing machine yet.

Time to head for the shower and start my day.

Blessings, From Jude

5 comments:

Chookyblue...... said...

Always wonderful for a great result.....
Bugger about the light but atleast is fixed now.....
Nice that your got to see your mum too....

Jean McGee said...

Glad you got the all clear Judy, it's been quite a journey for you. Your Mum and Dad would have loved to see you especially on his birthday, take care of yourself . No more falls!
Love, Jean ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜

Susan Smith said...

Good to hear good results & glad you got to see your Mum. Just take it easy till you aren't aching. The last photo is ever so cute. Stay safe & hugs.

Raylene Edwards said...

That was a lovely trip ‘UP THE HIGHWAY’ especially as a passenger, able to see the country, fluffy clouds in a pretty blue sky, how much have we missed the countryside. Look forward to exciting days when you can hug & kiss your family. ❤️

dq said...

It is good that you were able to get out and recharge the car battery as well as do some visiting. I loved the beautiful poles you photographed!

I don't think I realized during the zoom meeting that the lady with you was your mom. I thought she had the cutest personality!