Sunday 29 July 2018

The week that was.........

............has been one in which I have taken steps to prevent the circuit breaker tripping off. I posted last week about getting the message to slow down and listen to the warning signs. And for a couple of days I did some of that, by resting and sleeping, and  taking time out to "smell the roses". (Actually it's a bit hard to smell the roses at present, because the pruning fairy pruned them this week! Thank you.) But I have taken time out to read some books, and spent a lot of time in God's word. I am listening to what the body is telling me, and not pushing those boundaries.

I am hankering to see Miss Billie, and to have some cuddles, and had decided that sometime in August I would drive for a visit. So when Sherrel phoned me on Tuesday to say that we had won a prize in Melbourne, I thought it would be a good idea to go to Melbourne to see family, and also attend  the Victorian exhibition for the presentation ceremony on Thursday. I made my plans, rearranged some appointments, and packed a suitcase ready for a 7am start on Wednesday morning. By the time I had showered, and dressed, I was so tired, I decided I could not drive to Melbourne and cancelled my trip!! I spent the rest of the day sitting in the lounge, sleeping and resting, and thinking of that little girl I would not be seeing yet. And I missed the quilt show too.

Instead I have received some photos, as follows.....

............this one with the comment that "Miss Billie loves the book that Grandma made her!"


...........So I messaged back, that I presume she knows all the words by now??!!.........

And this photo came back, with the comment........" Of course I do Grandma!" It looks as though she is speaking right to me! And look at those eyes.


This morning I attended our local church, and a special service and performance by the Adelaide West Men's Choir. The singing was just amazing and very moving. This was followed by lunch at the local hotel with friends, and this afternoon there has been more sitting by the fire and sleeping.


I also received a photo this week, of the award that DD1 received as Insurance Champion of the Year. Congratulations, and well done. A very proud mumma moment.


I found this saying somewhere in cyberspace recently, and thought it too good not to share. (There are lots of ideas lying around my place!!)



Well that's about all for now. Tomorrow is time to do a bit of quilting as there is one on Max that is half done. I am just working on a few allover jobs at the moment, before some more custom. The diary for August seems reasonably clear, (at this stage), so hopefully I can breathe a bit easier.

Be back soon.

Blessings, From Jude

4 comments:

Raylene Edwards said...

Well,Well,Well, it seems when the RIGHT ONE one speaks to you..you do listen. I’ve heard others have tried but... A good dose of news from DD1, a beautiful choir in church, & those gorgeous eyes from Miss. Billie has set you to rights.🦋

Chookyblue...... said...

I think a few more weeks of extra care will be a benefit for you. ... Eat well get some gentle exercise and recharge the body.....

Susan Smith said...

Maybe it was a pity not to see the little one, but your body evidently needed the rest. The show had some lovely quilts. Have a good week & hopefully August being not so hectic will revive you. I've pruned my roses too. If I'm a bit quiet, it's because we go to Qld. next month. Take care.

Dione Gardner-Stephen said...

Thank you for sharing your gorgeous baby photos :) The expressions are so intense! Sorry you didn't feel up to your trip but well done you on doing the right thing and congrats on another ribbon. And if mess is ideas lying around, then I am totally a genius!!! hahahahaha. xx