Wednesday 11 July 2018

Reunion Lunch


Pat and I headed up the highway again last Sunday to attend a reunion lunch with our fellow travellers, Aussie Quilters Abroad. It was a lovely gathering, with lots of laughs and memories. It was fantastic that Maree, came all the way from Sydney to join us. A few of us brought along our "show and tell" of the overseas purchases that we had finished, or started. (Thankyou to Lisa for the photos).









I have finished 3 projects since I have returned, although still have the binding to finish on one.
and will save those photos for a post another day.

After the lunch, we returned to the quilt show for a short time, and headed home after we had collected our quilts at the end of the show. Monday it was put everything away, get some order into the house, and load another quilt.  But by Monday afternoon, I was freezing cold, wilting, and retired to the lounge, by the fire with a book to read. That quilt has been done, and another large custom loaded and started today. Tomorrow I need to find the Christmas decorations and prepare for this weekend's retreat, Christmas in July. There has been a delivery from Santa's workshop, and I hope he will find time this weekend to call in.

This is the quilt on Max at the moment, and I think it will be here for awhile, and there is lots of SID in my future. At this stage, the border has "spoken" to me, but not real sure what I am doing with the applique yet.

The weather is still cold, and very wintry today with showers of rain, on and off. Lovely weather to stay inside in the warm.

That's all the newsfromjude for now, be back soon.

Blessings, From Jude


5 comments:

Raylene Edwards said...

Loads of interesting “projects” from the Aussie Quilters Abroad. I zoomed for close ups. That border looks really good, I’m very keen to see the end result..once the quilt “ Talks to You”. Looking forward to a cosy fire & a visit from Santa. 🔥🎅

Michele Hill said...

That quilted border design in the last quilt is gorgeous Jude....think I might know the appliqué pattern too! Hugs x

Gloria N. said...

I love, love, love how you are quilting that border! I always have such a hard time trying to decide what to do in a border. this is gorgeous.

Joy from Days Filled With Joy said...

How lovely to catch up with all your travelling mates! And did you plan your next trip?! xx

Dione Gardner-Stephen said...

Your border quilting is beautiful Judy. I'm sure the whole thing is going to be stunning.