Monday 23 July 2018

Circuit Breakers

Each morning I start the day (well, most mornings), with a Bible study and also a daily reading.
This morning the topic titled as above, Circuit Breakers, really hit home and spoke to me.
It talked about the power system of a house, and how the power is tripped off if the system is overloaded. The circuit breaker trips to prevent damage some sort.

And then the reading went on to talk about the circuit breakers that occur in us, that alert us to the risk of damage. For example, overworking, trying to do it all, being unable to say no, trying to be everything to all people, among other things. Eventually our bodies will tell us there is a problem, by symptoms such as headaches, fatigue, irritability, illness, weight gain or loss and other things. Our first tendency is to brush them off, and keep going.

I think this is where today's reading got my attention. I could tick a few of those symptoms above. And I know that life has been so busy for quite a long time now. It's time to get that balance I have been talking about. This world is so frantic, and it's easy to be swept along by busyness. I know it will be a challenge to find this balance, but I don't want another round of the shingles, and the doctor said there is a real risk.

Today I started this balance act and Max has not been turned on. I have caught up on a few other jobs though that were hanging over my head, and left the studio mid afternoon to sit by the heater with the laptop. Just by getting some of those background jobs done helps to ease the stress too.

With a lot of prayer and God's help I will be trying to balance life and not trip the circuit breakers.

Blessings, From Jude

3 comments:

paulineclark@Gmail.com said...

Slow down Judy. good luck with your balancing time.Take care of yourself..xx

Chookyblue...... said...

Can so relate to that....... I'm pushing it so far too..... Hope the circuit brake holds out for me......

Joy from Days Filled With Joy said...

Good on you Judy for slowing down... hugs and prayers xx