Saturday 14 October 2017

A full day

Today has been an "interesting" day, full of lots of different activities. I said to Raylene, that I almost feel "normal" today!! Possibly a strange thing to say, but I have done so many  things, some of which I had not done in a long time. I started out the day by getting up late, and still being in my dressing gown when the first person called in! After a shower, it was time for a coffee, and to put a load of washing in. (I only had to count how many pair of briefs were in the wash, to know how many days since I had washed clothes!) And then it was time to attack the dust and cobwebs in my bedroom, and find the vacuum cleaner!!  Val turned up to see what I wanted done, and we chatted awhile, before deciding to head out for a morning coffee at the new shop that has opened this week in town. This shop is called Cowboys and Angels, and is in what was our Westpac Bank until earlier this year. We have decided to be decadent and have made a booking for tomorrow morning for breakfast!



We have been cutting more fabrics, sewing strips together, finishing bindings, weeding in the garden, planting plants, and laying straw, a few phone calls, and a drive up the main street to see the banners up that advertise our quilt show.


It was lovely out in the garden in the sunshine, and I was surprised to find a few hardy things, that have bloomed in spite of my neglect. Note to self - plant more of these things!!






And in between all of this, I thought that maybe I could have Max quilting some of the Angels quilts, that have been ignored for too long, while I was cutting fabric. There is only one left in the drawer for donating, and a"few" waiting for the quilter. When I checked out the pile, I found that there were 16 waiting!!!!!!!!!! ( I thought there were about 8!)  Anyhow, there are 2 less in the queue now, and maybe Max might do some more tomorrow???

It has been such fun, that the time has flown by, and it is almost 8pm and we have not eaten yet!! So there are some of the reasons, that maybe I said, I felt "normal", doing things that most people do all the time?? And it sure feels good to have got some of those things done.

Blessings, From Jude

4 comments:

Joy from Days Filled With Joy said...

Has Raylene moved in with you?! Lucky you if so... :) Love the signs on main street! xx

Susan Smith said...

I sometimes want to feel normal again with no pain & to do all the things I used to do before retirement, but then we do lots of fun things & my craft time has to take a back seat. We netted the blueberries yesterday morning, went to car club meeting, then a quick jaunt out after posting some birthday cards, which wasn't what we intended to do, but that makes it all the more fun (post about it next week). Today, must get into the garden, get borders on quilt, do some more mystery quilt cutting & lots of other chores. Have a wonderful Sunday & take care.

Chookyblue...... said...

looks like a fun post to me........always busy busy........life never stops we just have to enjoy the ride......
surprising I have a few things flowering in my garden right now.........we did get some nice rain but need heaps more......

Jean McGee said...

Your garden is still lovely always something flowering throughout the year. Glad someone else works out how long since they did the washing by the number of undies on the line! It catches up on us sometimes when other jobs take priority.
Take care and rest as much as you can. 😀😀😀