Thursday 18 February 2016

Reno progress

This afternoon the dining room changed from this......


to this.... I can't believe just how much lighter, and spacious it seems.


 But of course, there is no furniture and "stuff" in there yet. That wall you can see is where the cabinet from Sunday's post was. It is now in the shed, and the freezer and another smaller cupboard will be moved to that wall. Then I shall bring a couple more trestle tables in from the shed, and set up a temporary kitchen for when the kitchen gets "gutted".  A lot of sorting and playing "musical stuff" is to happen yet.
I have now painted 9 rooms, and have part of the kitchen left to go. I don't have to do all the walls, as there will be cupboards covering most of them. My bedroom, the laundry and my quilting room are not being done at the moment. Just realised how many rooms I have in my house!!
In between all this I have been quilting, and have another custom quilt loaded on the machine for the next few days. I have 3 weeks from tomorrow until my new cupboards arrive. Must admit, I am getting excited, and can't wait for it all to be done.
I am planning some "me" time over Easter, when most of the work will be done, and I can take a few days to do not much with a group of friends who are coming to stay.

I have updated the scheduled retreat page of my blog this week, with future dates for events. If you are interested in any of them, please contact me. Would love to have you join us.

Thankyou to all those who have sent me comments in the giveaway to celebrate 14 years of Cornerstone Creations. I shall close this on Sunday evening, and will contact someone if your name is drawn out. It has been lovely to hear from so many, and I am blessed to work at such a great occupation. It is like going to a quilt show every day, well when I am not painting and sorting it is!!

Be back soon,

Blessings, From Jude



3 comments:

Susan Smith said...

It certainly looks larger, but as you say, once there is furniture it changes again. Hope to see it all in April, keeping my fingers crossed. Look forward to seeing that custom quilt when it's off the machine. Take care.

Sue SA said...

Love a new kitchen, looking forward to seeing your new cupboards. The paint work is very impressive, you certainly have achieved a lot.

Jean McGee said...

You won' know yourself when the new kitchen goes in. A well deserved break coming up at Easter I think! 🤗x