Sunday, 21 February 2016

Making progress

Just another progress report of what's been happening. The end is in sight. Last Sunday night I was a bit lot daunted by it all and vented on my blog. It all seemed a bit too much. By Friday evening, I had pushed a bit too hard, and "hit the wall", for want of a better expression. The first photo shows me sitting in front view of the TV with a microwaved dinner on my lap.

I decided to take it a bit easier for the weekend, and did not turn on Max, although the next quilt is loaded. I did a bit of "pottering" in the garden, trimming things, cutting stuff and watering. And sort of tidied in the pergola and cleared a lot of the tradesman rubbish etc. I had a nanna nap on Saturday afternoon, and ate lunch in the pergola while reading a few daily newspapers which I have not had time to read. I had an afternoon cuppa on the seat out the front of the house in the sunshine and absorbed some Vitamin D! I even phoned my family (well tried them all anyway,) as it had been awhile since I took the time to do this.

 In between this I sorted things to sell, and photographed them to list on the local Buy, Sell and Swap Online page. Even managed to sell a few things, which was a bonus. I have a few giveaways also, which is a good way to get rid of "stuff". The old adage that one man's junk is another man's treasure seems to work!

My son came to do some electrical work in the bathroom and the kitchen, so I got to cuddle Miss Bridie while he did that. She has not been very well, and thus not sleeping at night, and so her mum and dad have not had much sleep either. Sorry I forgot to take any photos of her while she was here. He unpacked my delivery so that I could have a sneak peek. Tis exciting, but will just have to wait.

This is the difference a week makes, with that wall cleared now. That horrid corner cupboard has been unattached from the wall, and is ready to move out too. The stuff that was in there is on a table in the dining room now.

The other side of the room, with the curtains gone, and I have started emptying "stuff" in those cupboards too.

This table in the lounge, has been sorted and cleared, ready for more "stuff" to be put there this week.

 And this is how the dining room looks now, from the posting on Thursday when the yellow walls turned white! I have been sorting things, washing them and repacking what I want to keep. I have dishpan hands from all the washing up!! The fridge has taken up temporary residence in the dining room, until it gets a nice new cupboard to reside in.

That's about all the newsfromjude for tonight. I feel a bit more rested, and ready for more action tomorrow. I think I have plenty of time now, and not much more painting inside.

Will be back with photos of more quilting soon, and the giveaway closes tonight, and will be drawn soon. Thanks to all those who entered.

Blessings, From Jude


Pauline Clark said...

Well done Judy.. It will look fantastic & well worth all the effort.xx

Susan Smith said...

I don't know how you've done so mouch in such a short time, but the end will be worth it. Look forward to seeing it come together. The next few days are supposed to be hot so don't overdo it. Take care.

Sue SA said...

Glad you had some time out to relax, as you have been working so hard. It must be exciting to be close to finishing the kitchen though. And so nice to get rid of some that "stuff" that just adds clutter instead of value to your life.