Friday 11 September 2015

A busy day today…


I loved one of the quilts that I did today, where the owner placed a tag on the backing, the wadding and the quilt top, telling me which was the top side. It saved me a lot of time trying to work out which way I should load the quilt. THANK YOU!
IMG_1257
The sun coming in on another quilt, late this afternoon, and shining a nice side light onto the dancing hearts that I was quilting.
IMG_1269
The pile that I managed to get through today!! I have to tell you that I was out of bed “before the crack of dawn” though, and I am rather tired tonight. I have been up between 4 and 5am all this week, as I need to get quite a few quilts finished before our exhibition in October. I think I can, I think I can, I think I can…. Open-mouthed smile
IMG_1274
And this is the quilting machine tonight, with another backing draped over the rollers. If I spray the quilt with water, to dampen it and let in dry overnight, all the wrinkles are gone, and I don’t need to press!! Looks like this one got a bit more than a spray as it looks quite wet.
IMG_1273

No comments: