Thursday 14 May 2015

This week

has been another one full of “stuff” happening. After the Mother’s Day trip on Sunday, I had another special day celebrating my birthday on Monday. I am not counting anymore, but had a lovely day. Lots of phone calls and visitors and lunch out with friends. Even some well wishers who burst into song! Thankyou everyone. I am so blessed.

Monday morning also meant a trip to the post office to send the next 2 quilts back to their owners. First is Gypsy Kisses, made by Helen, which I showed you a bit of last week, which had simple custom quilting.

IMG_0221

IMG_0224

This was made by Lois, and she wanted lots of allover quilting. I used the pattern Simply Feathers, and a gold thread. Their were lots of shiny fabrics in the centre blocks.

IMG_0249

And this quilt, made by Sue, was a bit of fun, with the surfboards and Kombi Vans appliqued in between the chevron rows. Sue is going to quilt this herself, and just wanted me to baste it.

IMG_0266

And Raelene has made 2 of these quilts for her grand sons. Very simple design, but effective and I used a panto called Popcorn. And oldie, but a goodie. I used to use it lots when I did the paper pantos, but only recently purchased the digital version.

IMG_0276

A few weeks ago, a quilting friend from NSW asked on facebook, whether anyone would like some fabrics and laces that she had been given from a bridal shop. I was interested, as I can see a crazy block heirloom quilt being made in my future. I already have a good stash of laces and a few fabrics, and did not know just what she actually had. But this week a bag of goodies arrived at my door, and it only cost me the postage! What an exciting delivery! It was packed to the max!

IMG_0268

IMG_0270

IMG_0272

Gorgeous laces, ribbons and tulle, and bling, and bridal fabrics! And the girls that came sewing today for the monthly Angels day agreed with me. You can see Pat sorting and checking out what there was.

IMG_0280

There was a good gathering today, but I forgot to get the camera out until most of the ladies had left. (That could be because I trying to finish a quilt, and had a big pot of soup cooking on the stove, ready for the weekend retreat catering). The girls made a special day of it, and all brought a plate of lunch to share, and we even had a birthday cake with candles (and I must not forget some more singing!)  My celebrations have lasted almost a week, starting with lunch last Friday with Michele and Larry.

Below are 2 of the angels, and my apologies to the rest of them, who had gone home.

IMG_0281

I have also been working on the Mystery quilts, and can see the end in sight soon. My checking lady has been in again today. So I have quite a few ready for the final reprint.

I am fighting a cold this week, and consuming lots of honey and lemon drinks, which help a lot. Tomorrow will be in the kitchen doing the last of my preparation for the weekend retreat catering. There are 9 lovely ladies coming to Heather Ridleys Mosaic Magic retreat.  I shall duly report further on that over the weekend. They are coming from over the border in Victoria, Naracoorte, Millicent, Adelaide and local. I am looking forward to seeing what fabrics they all bring.

Catch ya later,

Blessings, From Jude

1 comment:

jfoster8 said...

Love Popcorn....