Saturday 18 October 2014

I’m still here

but am busy turning this pile of fabric, and more into quilt designs, cutting the fabric and writing up the instructions.  As of yesterday I have finished 9 of the bags. Hope to get 5 more done yet.
IMG_8461

I have a busy weekend planned so not sure how much I will achieve, but only have until next Friday to finish, when some lovely ladies will arrive for the Paper Bag Mystery Retreat. I am so looking forward to that. We have more than a full house, so could be fun. I do hope they all like the bags they end up with. The allocation of bags is always a fun process.
I am enjoying the designing of the quilts, and learning lots more about the Electric Quilt programme. Last weekend I had some questions, and by Sunday afternoon Lois, Judy B (the Virtual Quilter) and myself were huddled around our computers playing and working things out. The best way to learn the programmes are to play.  And then when you design something for your bundle of fabrics, and you don’t have enough of Fabric A, and don’t have a clue where you bought it, or else it is no longer available, then you have to change the design of your quilt, and quite often it turns out the better option! (Think that sentence might be a tad long??)
Well, just thought I would check in. Better get to the shower, and start my day. Going on a road trip this morning, and another one tomorrow after church.
And perhaps I better think about food, and plan some menus, as next week, I have a group at The Sanctuary from Wednesday until Friday, and another Friday afternoon until Sunday. And they all need to be fed! Catch ya at the other end!
Blessings, From Jude

3 comments:

Susan Smith said...

Wow, you are busy. I'm trying to write patterns at the moment, but really haven't a clue where to start. Must find someone who can help me. Don't overdo it and take care.

Sue SA said...

Love any excuse to play with fabric!

jfoster8 said...

Wow....busy, busy are you....
Mystery bag quilt/EQ7 sounds great...