Sunday 2 March 2014

Some of January’s quilts


Going back through the photos, I have found a few of January’s that I have not shown you.
First is Lyn’s that she made out of her scraps, for a friend. A lot of my customers come in proudly showing their quilts, and telling me that they have not bought a thing! Lots are “shopping” their stashes.  I also know that a lot are buying online, as the prices in the US are so much cheaper, and even with postage added. Fabric is generally $20-25 metre in the shops here, unless you go to Spotlight and cheaper outlets. It must be hurting the shops, unless there are lots of new quilters buying up to build up their stash? We don’t want to lose the shops either, so it’s a bit of a quandary.
IMG_7336
This was made by Donna, and really pretty, with praire points all around the edge of the quilt. This was custom quilted, and Donna and I are pretty happy with how it turned out.
IMG_7340
This quilt was made by Jocelyn, a pattern from the book “Patchwork” by Julie Wallace. Very pretty and also custom quilted. Sorry about the lines of light in the photo, but it was late in the day when I took the photo. Usually I like to do this in the morning.
IMG_7346
And this was made by Merridy, a pattern from one of the magazines last year, and also custom quilted.
IMG_7404
Blessings, From Jude

2 comments:

Furball Farm Quilting said...

Lovely work Jude. You've been a busy bee!

Furball Farm Quilting said...

Lovely work Jude. You've been a busy bee!