Tuesday 18 March 2014

Sew, sew tiny!

 

As promised yesterday, I was given a show and tell from “the tarts” of their amazing work. I am still gob smacked, and to get it into perspective you need to know just what size these photos are. In the top one of Linda’s work, each block is approx 3” x 4”!   And she tells me that there are 75 stitches across and 85 in the length. My mind just cannot grasp this at all! Even a good hand quilter only does about 12 stitches to the inch, don’t they??

IMG_7628

And these 2 are Jenni’s stunning pieces. The first one would not even be 12” high, and it took her 5 weeks. I think I would need 5 lifetimes! No, I don’t think I could even see to do it at all.

IMG_7631

And this is a sampler that Jenni is doing to show the colours of the threads that the girls are using in the classes that she teaches. The girls showed me the magnifiying (sp?) glasses they use, and I can just imagine a whole class sitting around with these on, they must look interesting? Sorry to Pauline, that I did not photograph what you were doing, I think I was still speechless.

IMG_7632

Thankyou for coming girls, lovely to meet you.

Spent most of yesterday sitting at the desk again. Am determined to make progress with the book work, and am almost where I want to be. And now it’s time to print some more notes for the Embellished Quilts classes that are on the next 2 weekends, and as the Paper Bag Mystery is only a month away, I need to start planning on that too.

At least the weather has cooled down, and we even saw a little rain. It is really autumn weather now, which means we are heading for winter, but after the HOT summer, I am not going to complain. Looking forward to some cozy wood fires.

Well time to get busy, need to get to the Post Office this morning, have lots to post, and then some quilts waiting in the queue. Have a good day to you all, and thanks for reading my blog.

Blessings, From Jude

2 comments:

Furball Farm Quilting said...

Wow, what great work these "tarts"do! Thankyou for taking the time to post these pictures. I'm always in awe of the workmanship of embroiderer"s. It's a dying craft, that's why I enjoy the work of these skilled artisans!

Sue SA said...

Definitely don't have the eyesight for this fine work, perhaps I need glasses!