Friday 29 November 2013

The journey home

Just a quick posting this morning with the last few photos of my trip.


An early morning journey, sun just coming up, and if you look closely, you can see a few hot air balloons in the sky, over the city of Melbourne.

Still driving.

In a tunnel, rather a long one, tried not to feel claustrophobic.
(I do have a slight tendency to feel that way, after a childhood experience where I was locked in a caravan wardrobe by my brother!)

Out the other side and heading into the city itself.

The Overland train, waiting for it's passengers. This was only half of the train. Lots of people were heading to Adelaide. I only had to go halfway, as Bordertown is on the border between the states of Victoria and South Australia. (Rather obvious, isn't it, now that I said that!)

Just leaving Melbourne, and on my way.
It was a lovely few days, a long overdue trip. It has been 4 years since I stayed with my daughter. Won't be long and I will be back, in January to celebrate the engagement.
Thankyou to all those who "check in" on me, by reading the blog.
Life is back to normal, quilts on the machine, and customers bringing in more. A busy month ahead, can't believe that December is almost here.

Better finish off, need to go "over the road" to The Sanctuary, few things to do, before a visit from a group later this morning.
More quilts to show you soon.

Blessings,
From Jude
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Susan Smith said...

Pictures look so familiar Judy as we take that route so often and see balloons on Saturday morning if earlier enough. Glad you had a lovely break. Take care.

Sue SA said...

Glad you took the train as there are lots of road works! Nice holiday, nice place to visit, and you had such special people to see for special reasons, but I must say after seeing your pictures (of the roads) I am glad I dont live there anymore!