Sunday 17 November 2013

Indigo and more

 

The Sanctuary was the location for another retreat this past weekend, to experiment and play with dyes. There was some indigo dyeing happening and you can see the results blowing in the breeze. Don’t they look fantastic. Now I don’t really think this is my idea of a fun weekend, but I admire what they have created and those attending had a great time.

Marie Holly of Holly Hand dyes led the girls for the weekend.

IMG_7042

IMG_7045

This is the “brew” that they used, and it just kept going and going, until Marie pronounced it “dead”.SmileThat was just before she was going to dip some fabric for me to add to my stash!

IMG_7047

And these are some of the tools of the trade, along with stitching, and threads and string, pieces of pipe etc.

IMG_7049

They did some ice dyeing, I think this is the result of that.

IMG_7054

Some sun printing.

IMG_7055

IMG_7056

Above, is what they did, and below the resulting fabric.

IMG_7071

And this is the result of using shaving cream. I am sure the checkout person wondered why I was buying 5 cans of shaving cream on Saturday morning!

IMG_7059

IMG_7060

IMG_7064

IMG_7069

Proudly showing their favourite piece. I can’t wait to see what they will make with their dyed fabric. I know they were all pleased with their weekend’s work. And the weather has just been glorious, lovely sunny days, and no wind. Getting a bit warmer for the next couple days, so will need to be keeping up with the watering.

IMG_7073

And this is Jill’s Rose, which I think I shall need to tie back a bit more. I am starting a collection of rose petals as they dry off, should have quite a few by 2015 when there will be 2 weddings in the family.

Another great weekend of renewed friendships, new friendships formed, lots of good fun and laughter, good food, and a few glasses of ??? I did not “do” the workshop, but kept busy feeding the troops and some quilting. Some more deadlines this week, with quilts due to be done, and a couple of meetings, and looking forward to a trip interstate very soon!

Be back soon, with a quilt show, I promise.

Enjoy your week, whatever you are up too.

Blessings, From Jude

2 comments:

Susan Smith said...

Glad a good time was had by all and I'm sure those retreats are the best, when it's all so relaxed. Can't wait to come to another one.
Take care and have a good week.

Sue SA said...

Looks like lots of fun, but messy!